v/a Phunk Core (Doof records) 2007

LLB

v/a Phunk Core (Doof records) 2007

Posted Image

1. Tikva

PANTOMIMAN (George Agaronov from Russia with Serj Jiro)

The melody reminds me vaguely something or at least that's what i think. What is sure for me, is the fun melodic aspect which overtakes on the sober-simple production of the tune. Actually i'm nevertheless convinced that most of people won't follow my view & will just consider Tikvla as a too minimal-cheap production with not enough effects, tricks, energy and so on...

2. The Human Brain

ORCA (Alon Lifer from Israel)

After some thoughts, i arrive to the conclusion that this tune has a clear evident South African touch. I mean the name 'Twisted System' came to my brain but with their first album period (their best for me) while listening 'The Human Brain'. Orca doesn't still fully express his own artistic approach here, probably next try he will succeed.

3. Fucking Confuse

ILLEGAL MACHINES (Fabien Mournetas & Yan Migaud from France)

The construction is based on an interesting progressive intensity despite this, the tones don't appear very fresh to me; so all & in all i'm shared. Ok, here at least, you've got a decent energetic dancefloor stuff contrarily to Pantomiman's tune for those who are digging & searching this style.

4. Vegetal Twist

PSYKODROIDS (Fabien Mournetas, Yan Migaud, Wilfried Decaesteker, Stefan Holweck & David Engling from France)

Still energized 'Vegetal Twist' is more linear getting hypnotizing indeed & paradoxally it's sounding richer too through the bank tones employed. Before the tune bolts & goes bewitching you, there's a constrating groovy break at midpart which should awake all perceptions!

5. Brave

B55 (Keisuke Fujiwara & Takashi Sekiya from Japan)

Here we got some psytek production, quite mental techno at first evolving more toward the psychedelic area later on. I'm normally interested in Japanese Trance productions but this time i'm disappointed, too annoying for me.

6. One More

ENTROPY (Omer 2 & Pitt from Israel)

Never been fan of Entropy's sound, it doesn't unfortunately change with 'One More'.

7. Succubus

REV AND B55 (Troy Leidich + Keisuke Fujiwara & Takashi Sekiya)

It represents exactly all what i dislike in psychedelic trance: a raw, harsh sound with a cold feeling, but i know some are fond of this, may be you...

8. Trip Trap

PANTOMIMAN (George Agaronov)

I'm happy coz i find again this delirious weird Russian style entersee along the first Pantomiman's track, furthermore the production is more powerful this time. So I have absolutely no reproach about Trip Trap.

9. Lord Of

CACTUS (Avi Sakorka from Israel)

Have you noticed this v/a is named 'Phunk core', & i hardly talked once about groove not to mention Funk upto now... Ok , so let's fix this now: yes 'Lord Of'' has something of groovy, Funky inside that's a fact! But strangely despite of this, i don't get hooked, it's due to the coldness once again without speaking of the strange ruined end.

10. Misu Soup

ILLEGAL MACHINES

Flat, monotonous at first, i have heard plenty of tunes like this, personally i don't understand it. Actually there's a sort of very slow progression which reminds me Absolum's work with a rising energy which reaches his climax on the end; generally these kind of track are quite long. Let's just say here, the student hasn't overpassed the master & it's better to check the original to the copy.

I'm globally NOT convinced by this V/A, exception for Pantomiman's atypic productions.