Epi Centrum aka Jurek Przezdziecki - Gain Over

soundmute

Epi Centrum aka Jurek Przezdziecki - Gain Over

http://www.synewave.com/

01. Fader matter

02. Gain Over

03. Moody Fuze

Another great release from another remarkable producer in the electronic music world. I don’t know if I can start reviewing this release without making a short story about his past work. Mostly the fans of innovating techno and minimalistic trance sounds already know the work of man who is behind projects like Epi Centrum, Massturbo, Praecox, Bigwigs (with Kino Oko) and his own name Jurek Przezdziecki. I heard his work for the first time on compilation "Five Tons of Flax" as Epi Centrum and after hearing track "My Bass Friend" on "Chronika chapter 3", I researched and realized that it was the same man, same producer of these two tracks! I was thrilled and stunned with his way of combining past and present, “dry” rhythm and atmospheric elements, old and new school, pleasure and energy. Looking at all these aspects of Jureks’ music, I started to dig deeper and deeper, until I reached the point when my interest in his work was serious, very serious. It was that serious it made me go back for ten years to try to find everything I’m interested in. With many EP releases on labels like Boshke Beats, Hrons and Hoofs, Whirlpoolsex Music, Zenon, Soundmute, Mechanical Dragon, Synewave and the newest EP for nowadays prestige techno label - Cocoon recordings, Jurek justified his high level quality and extraordinary composing skills of, our loved, club sound. Back to release review 

Release I’m writing about is presented as project Epi Centrum and it’s also signed with his real name, which indicates very wide range of sound. Content of this release is a calm spirit, energetic character and quality worthily music! Three excellent tracks that “speak different thematic language”, but their synergy makes your feet move all the time. Lot of percussions, reverb congas, crunchy drums and gummy bass line are followed by night, atmospheric effects that can be used as sound background for animated movies. That detail made a special impression on me. While playing these kind of tracks, your head can’t stand still, for sure. Sudden breaks are produced as some sort of innovation, thanks to the weird way of putting effects in them. He definitely expressed his abilities to manipulate with elements which he puts into the song. Production of vocals is also a big part in evaluating quality of this EP. In my opinion, vocal parts in song must be on right place and must have crystal clear production to “make them work”. And here you can definitely recognize that! Concept is defined with oscillations between tracks. While one track is rising up the atmosphere, other one calms it down. It can be played in any part of DJ sets without loosing energy on dancefloor. Excellent for opening, great for processing and remarkable tool for “signature”! We are lucky to have releases like this today, so DJ’s can’t complain on “skinny” case. You just need to choose a good track which is already widely presented over the internet 

Recommendation: I love when I have a problem to choose my favorite track on release and Jurek gave me the opportunity to enjoy this “problem” once more. After hours of listening and listening and listening and… The winner is "Fader matter" - techno cartoon track. I must mention that the runner-up, in very close fight, is "Moody Fuze" - track full of “bubbling balloons” 

Release that beat the odds. Over every expectation. Big RESPECT!!!

Lara

http://www.soundmute.org

http://www.soundmute-recordings.com