speakers and amplifier

Hello, i currently have 2 setups for audio listening, one at my parents and one in my place they are composed like this:

after this i want to ask an opinion about a possible change of the setup i have at my place.

legenda for amplifiers : model name / power / impedance / year of production

legenda for speakers : model name / max power or rms power / ohm / hz response / crossover / db / year of production

@parents:

amplifier: Sansui AU-5500 (japan) / 32W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1976)

speakers set A: Tannoy Surrey Esher SL 25 (england) / 100W / 6-8 Ohm / 52Hz - 20kHz / 1800 Hz / 90 / (1985)

speakers set B: Wharfedale Denton 3 (england) / 18W RMS / 6 Ohm / 60Hz - 18Khz / 4000 Hz / ? / (1972)

this works well with warm music like classical, jazz but i listen to hallucinogen with it and still rocks :) the voices play very well.

@my place

amplifier: Sansui AU-G33X (japan) / 45W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1985)

speakers: Indiana Line Arbour 5.40 (italy) / 40W RMS - 80W / 8 Ohm / 55Hz - 22kHz / 3100 Hz / 90 / (2003)

but the result are not excellent, the sound of indiana line is great, but can be better and also my ampli has now died, so i was thinking of upgrading to this:

amplifier of dreams, if i can find it: Sansui AU-919 (japan) / 110W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1978)

speakers that i listened and found for an excellent price : Klipsch RF-82 (usa) / 600W / 8 Ohm / 33 Hz - 23 kHz / 2000 Hz / 98 / (2009)

but there are other options such as:

amplifier marantz pm7200 or superior and other speakers like wharfedale (england), tannoy (england), B&W (england), dayens (serbia), audes (estonia)

i was nicely impressed by the sound of these klipsch and i could listen to lunar remix on them, if anything the sound is very loud and a bit metallic but they were made to play loud music in first place.

Also it would be very nice to see your setups guys and what kind of sound you like etc, just don't advise me to get the TA-10 as i don't really like such a tiny device to be used as an amplifier.

Just for the record i could listen in a shop near my home the blueroom speakers, funny was to see them, but they used a jazz cd to preview the sound so i don't know how they work with electronic music.

PS: any suggestion on other vintage amplifiers is accepted, i love japanese sansui though and will be hard to change for me, i grew up with the sound of it since i was a kid.

Hope this topic may interest someone :).

Hello, i currently have 2 setups for audio listening, one at my parents and one in my place they are composed like this:

after this i want to ask an opinion about a possible change of the setup i have at my place.

legenda for amplifiers : model name / power / impedance / year of production

legenda for speakers : model name / max power or rms power / ohm / hz response / crossover / db / year of production

@parents:

amplifier: Sansui AU-5500 (japan) / 32W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1976)

speakers set A: Tannoy Surrey Esher SL 25 (england) / 100W / 6-8 Ohm / 52Hz - 20kHz / 1800 Hz / 90 / (1985)

speakers set B: Wharfedale Denton 3 (england) / 18W RMS / 6 Ohm / 60Hz - 18Khz / 4000 Hz / ? / (1972)

this works well with warm music like classical, jazz but i listen to hallucinogen with it and still rocks :) the voices play very well.

@my place

amplifier: Sansui AU-G33X (japan) / 45W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1985)

speakers: Indiana Line Arbour 5.40 (italy) / 40W RMS - 80W / 8 Ohm / 55Hz - 22kHz / 3100 Hz / 90 / (2003)

but the result are not excellent, the sound of indiana line is great, but can be better and also my ampli has now died, so i was thinking of upgrading to this:

amplifier of dreams, if i can find it: Sansui AU-919 (japan) / 110W RMS x Channel / 8 Ohm / (1978)

speakers that i listened and found for an excellent price : Klipsch RF-82 (usa) / 600W / 8 Ohm / 33 Hz - 23 kHz / 2000 Hz / 98 / (2009)

but there are other options such as:

amplifier marantz pm7200 or superior and other speakers like wharfedale (england), tannoy (england), B&W (england), dayens (serbia), audes (estonia)

i was nicely impressed by the sound of these klipsch and i could listen to lunar remix on them, if anything the sound is very loud and a bit metallic but they were made to play loud music in first place.

Also it would be very nice to see your setups guys and what kind of sound you like etc, just don't advise me to get the TA-10 as i don't really like such a tiny device to be used as an amplifier.

Just for the record i could listen in a shop near my home the blueroom speakers, funny was to see them, but they used a jazz cd to preview the sound so i don't know how they work with electronic music.

PS: any suggestion on other vintage amplifiers is accepted, i love japanese sansui though and will be hard to change for me, i grew up with the sound of it since i was a kid.

Hope this topic may interest someone :).

Like many other material things in life it depends on your budget.

Here is my setup:

Preamp:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/990.html

Power Amp:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7700.html

My speakers have lower 4 ohm resistance which means if I decide to connect full 7 speaker system I'd

have 7 x 300 Watts = 2100 Watts total.

Autlaw Audio is probably not that well known since it can only be bought via mailorder, but

they have won numerous awards, their reviews have been great, their owner used be a key member of a team that made NAD a world famous audio company before starting Outlaw Audio and many people agree they sound like gear that is in much higher price range.

The power amp is a beast and damn heavy and hard to carry around (more than 42Kg).

Speakers:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/m80.html

Much like the amp the speakers are direct order only I think, but you can order them and listen in your house for 30 days and if

you don't like them you can return them for a full refund minus the shipping costs.

As you can see, all the drivers are dual, and high frequency ones are made of titanium.

If you'e strictly into older stuff, sure Sansui might be the right one for you. I would also look into some nice Marantz maybe.

Pioneer used to make some great amps back in a day. If your budget allows, I'd also checkout Mcintosh amps http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/

Supposedly their old amps were great too.

If you feel like you don't need a lot of power and want pure clarity and Crop Circles CD has sold tremendeously well to let you

afford buying super expensive stuff, then maybe you can look into tube amps :)

Like many other material things in life it depends on your budget.

Here is my setup:

Preamp:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/990.html

Power Amp:

http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/7700.html

My speakers have lower 4 ohm resistance which means if I decide to connect full 7 speaker system I'd

have 7 x 300 Watts = 2100 Watts total.

Autlaw Audio is probably not that well known since it can only be bought via mailorder, but

they have won numerous awards, their reviews have been great, their owner used be a key member of a team that made NAD a world famous audio company before starting Outlaw Audio and many people agree they sound like gear that is in much higher price range.

The power amp is a beast and damn heavy and hard to carry around (more than 42Kg).

Speakers:

http://www.axiomaudio.com/m80.html

Much like the amp the speakers are direct order only I think, but you can order them and listen in your house for 30 days and if

you don't like them you can return them for a full refund minus the shipping costs.

As you can see, all the drivers are dual, and high frequency ones are made of titanium.

WOW, you do have a serious setup! glad to read that :) i wonder how it does sound on your gear goa trance ehe, my 2 setups together are much less valuable! ehe.. I still think not many people have floor standing speakers, and i listened to them for the first time in this shop where i tried the rf 82.

If you'e strictly into older stuff, sure Sansui might be the right one for you. I would also look into some nice Marantz maybe.

Pioneer used to make some great amps back in a day.

i am kinda ALWAYS into oldschool stuff ahahah, oldschool to the bone..

If your budget allows, I'd also checkout Mcintosh amps http://www.mcintoshlabs.com/

Supposedly their old amps were great too.

If you feel like you don't need a lot of power and want pure clarity and Crop Circles CD has sold tremendeously well to let you

afford buying super expensive stuff, then maybe you can look into tube amps :)

ah hem not really lol, and no, is not about crop circles sales, that money is very well saved for the next project that i am currently cooking eh!

and i suppose that i cannot afford the tube amps..

i wonder, though, how are valvolar amps, i have been told they sound fery well even if they need like 10 minutes to warm up before giving their sound..

have you tried them ?

thanks for your nice answer btw, i will read better about your gear now!

WOW, you do have a serious setup! glad to read that :) i wonder how it does sound on your gear goa trance ehe, my 2 setups together are much less valuable! ehe.. I still think not many people have floor standing speakers, and i listened to them for the first time in this shop where i tried the rf 82.

i am kinda ALWAYS into oldschool stuff ahahah, oldschool to the bone..

ah hem not really lol, and no, is not about crop circles sales, that money is very well saved for the next project that i am currently cooking eh!

and i suppose that i cannot afford the tube amps..

i wonder, though, how are valvolar amps, i have been told they sound fery well even if they need like 10 minutes to warm up before giving their sound..

have you tried them ?

thanks for your nice answer btw, i will read better about your gear now!

I'm very happy with my setup.

Here's a site you might enjoy:

http://www.audioreview.com

They have reviews of everything there, from amps, to preamps to speakers and everything in between.

They also have a used equipment sale forum if you want to buy something and tons of other useful info.

This is the site I consulted before buying my stuff.

btw, here's what people think of the speakers in my setup:

http://www.audioreview.com/cat/speakers/fl...02_1594crx.aspx