4. Salakavala - Roller Roaster

5. Igor Swamp - Katotaanyy

6. Flying Scorpions - Hostage Situation

7. Ex Uus - Incongnito (Live mix)

8. Texas Faggott - Peepwhocame

9. Mandalavandalz - Virtual Koto

10. Lightaman JR - Shinkansen

11. Flying Scorpions - Equadoor (remix)

Here we have the ultimate Suomi release. Just look at the tracklist. All star cast!

DJ Sharaku really chose some of the finest finnish tracks.

Dirty Dreds is great. The bass is so good! Melodies, madness, key changes, everything you want form a psytrance track is here.

F-Virus is a bit more aggressive and acidic. Once again many layers are thrown together to form melodies sometimes with an old school touch.

The Calamar Audio vs Anx track is good, but too many guitars for my taste. Although they're not that annoying, they have the upper hand in this track.Cool though.

Next are Salakavala. There's something funny about this group. I didn't like their album that much, but I do enjoy their compilation tracks. Roller Coaster is trippy, crazy, fast and has this unique Suomi humour. Very good track.

Igor Swamp is love or hate. It's almost too cheesy or too annoying. But eventually it grew on me and now I find it catchy. I still prefer his album tracks, but this is a track you can't avoid. Either you gonna love it or never listened again.

And yes Flying Scorpions. Ok this track is too good to be described. Maximal, multilayered, ultra melodic, crazy, psychedelic, intense Suomi trance. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! No question one of the five best tracks of 2008. SO good!

Ex Uus is more experimental here. Very crazy and darker than the rest. It lacks the melodies, but it reminds me some Psychopod stuff. Yes it's great too.

Texas Faggott is ok. Not the best they could give IMO. It still has the madness and the fast melodies. It's not bad, not at all, but they have produced better tracks.

Mandalavandalz's Virtual Koto is the second supertrack here, It's in similar style with Hostage Situation. Melodic, intense with bigger than life synths. Unfortunately it lasts only 2:30 minutes. I don't know if it's a small track or Sharaku decided to mix it that much, but judging from other Mandalavandalz tracks I guess it's probably the first one.

Lightaman JR is one more stormer. Crazy, intense and melodic. The saw-ish lines are crazy here. Love it!

And Flying Scorpions again with another gem. Not that intense as the previous track, but again a melodic blast. The main melody here is beautiful. Simply beautiful. For some strange reason there's a nostalgic feeling in this track. Kick ass!

Overall this is a really great release. The only negative I can say about this cd is that unfortunately there are no cuts between the tracks. It's one big track, which sucks IMO. Personally I had to edit and cut the tracks myself, which wasn't easy since it was difficult to find out when a track ends and the next one begins. Which BTW it's a proof about how great this Sharaku's mix is.

Favorite tracks are definitely the Flying Scorpions ones, especially Hostage Situation which is magnificent!!! Mandalavandalz-Virtual Koto is small, but awesome, Lightaman JR, Dirty Dreds and...you know what? I like them all.

You like Suomi? Then buy it now. Simple as that.

9/10

Samples:

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ds6/ds61cd010.html

http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7211

• Like 1