Chillosophy 3 - out now! (one track as free download)

Once again we are proud to present the downbeat compilation Chillosophy and it is the new & improved no. 3 in the series, compiled by our own downbeat gourmet, Dj Seb from Ooze. With an addiction to downbeat he has stretched out all his connections to find this amazing material that walks the paths of lounge, ambient, trip hop, dub to give you all some soothing and interesting laidback moments.

Featured artists are:

1. Omnimotion - life hymn in dub

2. Ooze - snowflower

3. Jens Buchert - reflections

4. Ticon - the first moment

5. Legion of Green Men - hotbox highway

6. Stressassassin - martial meditation

7. Spiritjack - nazo-x

8. Vibrasphere - manzanilla

9. Foxglove - part of you

10. Son Kite - million wishes

11. Aztech - manifesto

12. Mere Mortals - aloft

13. El LCD - snö på Hissingen (CBL carbonator rmx)

Mpdqx Label Group would like to thank everyone who supports our work and the artists’ talent by buying our records and here take the opportunity of giving something back .....

The track ‘snowflower’ by Ooze from the new Chillosophy compilation is available free to download on the DS website – www.mpdqx.com/digitalstructures - to give you a taste of the excellent

However we would also like you to consider the following: Digital Structures and Mpdqx Label Group would like to thank everyone who supports our work and the artists’ talent by buying our records. The underground music industry has come to a crossroad and the next choice of path will determine the future existence of a broad musical spectra. Underground music is very often aimed at a small amount of people and with changing music over the internet and cd burning becoming globally accepted tools for obtaining music, the days of the underground are numbered. We therefore ask you to do a little thinking and see further than your desire to have music for free when the reality in a near future will be that there is no longer any underground music left. Artists and labels will go on to work with forms of art that are more respected and the people who want to shake their hips and lose themselves in a psychedelic experience on the dancefloor will have to do so to a supply of music that has been greatly cut down. So please take your ethics to a new level and help us move the musical movement into the right path for the future.

Guest trotsky

There will always be 'underground' music-how much more underground can you get than people making music at home and distributing it for free to anyone who wants it, personally, via the net in mp3 format or by other means?

You lot of 'middlemen' are just worried that you won't be getting a financial cut.

Epic Automata!

I'm sad to read your post and your obvious non knowledge in the underground music industry and what we as a label. Before your encourage others to ruin this wonderful music scene please read the point below ... you're of course welcome to tell us your view of this but then also tell us your professional experience of the music industry and artists trying to survive in the scene.

- Me and my two friends have been working for three years with our labels (working very hard I can promise you) and we have got one single cent for the work. So I'm not afraid of not getting my money but when it comes to the point when I have to pay 1000 USD from my own pocket for every release the "free working" is getting a little bit tuff.

- You like many else are always talking about "cutting the middle hands"! Let people buy directly from the artists! Then I have to ask you this; what are the middle hands doing? Are they just taking the money from the artists and the customers? Of course not!!! I'm not only a passioned label owner but also an quite energic artist and a consumer and as both artist and consumer I appriciate the labels work very much and I'm pretty sure that both most artists and consumers around the world would argee with me. What do you think about the packaging of records .. don't you love the feeling of a new CD/LP and the abilty to ready a booklet etc. Who is paying for the packaging and the graphic? Would the most artists have the economical resours to do this by themself. Do you know the importance for an artist to get free promotion after an album release and the importance of this promotion to get gigs and future contacts etc. Who is paying and doing this promotion? To do an album is a long creative process and as a label we do everything we can to push the artists, help when with production, encourage them when their creativity is low and hundereds of other things. The labels work is to do the best for the artists' music both with all the time it takes but also with economical means. In this way the artist can focus on what they are best at = doing the music and put all the time in this to develope and do something interesting. The future that you describes with artists selling their music, promoting their music among 10000000 of other artists ... ask the artists that you meet and see if they would like to put 50 - 90% of their time to do this instead of doing what they love!!!

- In the music industry their are many middle hands and I think that all these middle hands have a valuable part for the customer. Tha artist is obviously doing the music, the label does everything that I mentioned above plus making a choise between all the music that people are producing ... if we get 500 tracks on demos we release 1. The distributor does all the selling and export and this is a very demanding and time eating work. Due to this people all around the world can get the oppurtunety to buy the records and not only people like us that are hunting informatin about music on the net. Like the labels that distributors are making a quality selection among all the labels. Then we have the local record shops that are doing the final selection, making it possible for the people to see and listen to the records before they buy them. Of course there is good middle hands and bad once but if all the parts in this chain is doing a good work everybody get something possitive out of it and with no doubt the artists and the music listeners.

- On one point I can agree with you when it comes to cutting middle hands. There should be the possibilty for people to choose the use of the middle hands. If someone want to go to the record shops and buy the reocrds there they have to pay the price since this price isn't high when you think about all the people that work with the records before they get to the listeners. On the other hand if someone want to buy the records for half price directly from the labels (and the labels are itnerested in putting some hours every day for packing records) they should be able to do that. We have of course been thinking a lot about this but like everything else in this world things takes 10 times longer and cost 5 times more than you think before getting to know more about it. Also there should be the possibilty for people to buy MP3 files direct from the labels for a very low cost if they don't want to pay for the CD, packing, graphic etc ...

- My buttom line is that there will always be someome that have to do the boring administration stuff and the promotion and like I said before; I think most artists want to do the music instead of this!!!

I really have no more time even thou I think this is a very important subject and even thou people like you makes me very sad!

Keep on support the music that you like or kill it if you don't care!

I'm very sorry Epic Automata ... the email above was sent to Mr trotsky! I was a little bit to fast and I hope that you didn't got offened!

The both album by LOGM are amazing and if you havn't heard them you should absolutly check them out!

Take care and chill on!

Guest Asura

Whao, very impassioned answer, Seb! Clap...Clap...Clap!

If guys like Trotsky listen to this warning and realize how it's bad for everybody, guess that many thing will change. Nevertheless, it's a dream right now. So let us keep on fighting together, enjoying making, producing, discovering music and be hopeful in better days. Wish you all the best for Chillosophy 3, M. Ooze!!!

Guest Kiph T. Elephant

Yeah, at first I was wondering what the heck is Seb talking about. But after reading a bit further it started to seem very convincing. I wasn’t exactly sure why he was claiming that EA was destroying the scene, but as he seemed so passionate about it I started to wonder. Maybe EA is destroying the scene… hmm. It was all beginning to make sense. EA how could you?! Have you really been so overcome by evil that you have to feed you black soul by destroying innocent music scenes?

OK so I read Seb’s second post and it seems that you are off the hook EA… for now. But I’ll be keeping an eye on you.

;-)

Guest psyfi

yepp, not only is ea destroying the scene, he is also destroying this thread with his evil html spells.

look what you have done, ea. amybe you should remember the days in school that you spent standing in the corner, face towards the wall, and got shpanked by our fellow anton, as a punishment for your behaviour. maybe you should find the point in your youth when you started to destroy things. and maybe you should start all new from there on !!!

now go and think about your sins, you evil quacken follower!!

seriously: seb, i think it'S amazing that you still got the power to deal with ppl like trotzky. keep up your good work!!

anar caluva tielyanna!

Guest Zaramatu

Oh my good god, it appears that EA has been infected with a deadly virus that has genetically modified his alter-ego Oprah Winfrey into the villainous Hortensia Honkeltatter, who is featured in the picture below:

597396035_40.jpg

The virus must have slipped in when EA accidently screwed up the thread.

It is rumoured that Hortensia can destroy an entire music scene simply by waving her left hand in the air, and can shoot laserbeams out of her shades, killing at sight. That yellow thing on her jacket is a terrible electronical device capable of releasing, in MP3-form, every piece of music (and that includes Chillosophy 3) ever made into the livingroom of every home worldwide, thus causing the entire music industry too collapse into nothing. It is clear to me that Seb has accidently unleashed a horror too great to imagine upon the unaware forum community. It is up to us chosen few to find a cure that will heal Hortensia's (EA's) infected mind, thus allowing Oprah to step back from the shadows to save the day.

Guest etherealphaze

Seb, u were posting here way back before about demo tracks for Chillosophy 3 .. wich track(s), if any, did u use for this compilation?

ps: snowflower is amazing!!!! is the female choir really a synth??!! it sounds synthetic, but reeaally nice :) how did u manage this sound?!

(OMG!! EA, CAN U TEACH ME A LITTLE BIT OF YOUR INCREDIBLE HTML WIZARDRY??)

Zaramatu, you're going to be the first against the wall, the first person I'm going to cook for. :)

etherealphaze - Sure:

Lesson No. 1:

When linking a site, make sure you begin an HTML code, then forget to end it. It is sure to grab entire forums like a giant whirlpool.

Lesson No. 2:

Always apologize for you HTML abuse, giving all the other forum users reason to believe it was an innocent mistake. It also helps when you can draw other posters, especially well-known professional musicians, into making you look bad in front of everyone else. This way people will feel sorry for you.

Lesson No. 3:

Repeat Lesson 1 in various places throughout the forum, sporadically and moderately. You wouldn't want anyone to catch on to your diabolics. :)

Now it's enought .... Just wait and I'll show you my secret weapon that I've been develping during the last year. It's the most devastating MP3 weapon that you ever seen and it will make you die the most painful death!!!!