Hallucinogen where are thou?

Guest Daniel

You know what would be just as nice as the new Infected Mushroom album? A new Hallucinogen album!!! Does anyone have the 411 on if a new album is currently in the works? It seems so long since Posford has released a full album....the psy scene needs some inspiration from the classic masters....Infected is comming back with a vengence....and now Mr. Posford you must return to us as well, kill us with your music!!!!

Guest dam10n

i don't think there'll be another hallucinogen album.

the shpongle project's probably got some more life in it.... but otherwise I can see posford, who's already achieved more out of his music than he ever thought he would, working on the odd collaboration here and there, projects like younger brother and gargoyles, bits with ott, etc...

Gargoyles is his new project with Andrew Interchill for the Backroom Beats label. He's also got a project with Eat Static which should produce an album later this year :-)

Guest psy druid

he says he's bored of working on his own and needs the inspiration from others in the studio....fair enough!! the hallucinogen albums used up most of his imagination me thinks

Guest Daniel

after further thought I've come to this conclusion:

I think Simon has realized that he shouldn't possibly make the same mistake other major artists in music make...they don't quit while they are ahead and they try to be more innovative and soon enough they become something totally different than what they started out to be and the fans just lose interest. I'm not saying Simon isn't capable of making better albums I just think that maybe he feels he has done what he came to do and that he's satisfied with his place in the scene. Considering his side project Shpongle is considered the BEST ambient music ever he should feel satisfied.

Guest dam10n

...or mybe he's just smoking too much weed to be bothered any more.

read the interview on here (psynews) --- seems he spent a lot of time last year playing SSX Tricky with benji prometheus...

he might not be making any more music, but man you should see his combos!

:¬)

Guest --==1400MiLeS==--

I'm with Daniel on this one. If he produces a lone deranger II he we will be deemed old fashioned and when he turns to min/prog (lets hope not) he will have sold out big time. If he makes anything else it would be shpongle on speed.

Guest Hallucinogenious

i remember an interview simon had said that with ambient he feels more free and he's not limited as he is at psychedelic. And he's right ...

guys consider the fact that the man is bored making hallucinogen tracks. I also want a new Hallucinogen album but this seems to be science-fiction, maybe he decides sometime in the future to write as hallucinogen again. But dont worry we will have simon's work... and there gonna be many!

Eat Static,Backroom Beats,Twisted Sessions,Shpongle Rmxs,Shpongle 3 etc etc

People above are right. As time passes, see what he said in three different interviews :

Int. 1 :

Everybody is waiting for a third album of Hallucinogen. Are you planning to do it ? If not, can you explain why ? If so, can you give us more information ?

I do plan a new album... i have been busy doing the 2nd shpongle album, and a few other projects, but i feel quite inspired at the moment. I need to feel challenged as an artist, and i have done a lot of psy-trance tunes now, including all my various collaborations, so it is hard to surprise myself and keep myself interested in such a constricting genre. I enjoy experimenting with different tempos / time signatures / genres.

Int. 2 :

Do you project to release a new Hallucinogen album after " Live " ? A sequel to " The Lone Deranger " ? When would it be released ?

Well i don't know when the live album will be released, as all the live recordings are crap... so if i can get a good recording we will put it out. i am also trying to clean them up a bit at home. As for new stuff, i have been busy with the shpongle, but i started some new hallucinogen stuff last week, actually (Jan 2001) so hopefully by the end of the year i should have enough new tracks for an album.

Int. 3 :

Are you working on any Hallucinogen stuff as well as the collaborative work?

Not really... I have been less inspired when I am at home on my own - I enjoy working with other people a lot more at the moment.... so when I'm alone, I tend to catch up on things - like this interview.

J.

I'm quite satisfied with Younger Brother, Shpongle, Possible future Celtic Cross album, and the other combinations..

Lets face it.. Simon as Hallucinogen had that Goa sound, that most people, atleast I find real cheese these days..

Well, there is a Hallucinogen remix of an antidote track out and there are going to be two remixes of GMS tracks...and a lot of stuff in the pipeline so i think the man is pretty busy...

Sure, i would love another Hallucinogen album too but a new Shpongle is good enough. I wonder how this Younger Brother album will sound?

I would say that the Eat Static collabaration has enormous potential too.