flock state --- feedback requested

Devon Garde

Ok, I'm a poet, I've set some of my poetry to music. I've long since gone out to the world with my poetry, and got a lot of good stuff back. The only time I went out to anyone with my music, well, lets just say she was a very good friend!

So I've not really put my music out for critical comment before.

But I'm happy with it. It's been around since 2004. It's not perfect, there are artistic faults and technical faults. I've fiddled with it and I've fixed it. But I can't improve it anymore. I've got as far as I'm going to get.

It's made with a cheap consumer package (I'm sure you'll recognise the samples) which got in the way too many times, but enabled me to get what I wanted.

It's NOT Goa. The subjects are very different, at least. I don't know what category it does fit. I'm posting it here, though, because I've picked up some good music from this site. Mind you, I'm not sure whether you should see that as a thank you for the reviews, or as revenge for what you've done to my wallet.

Collectively, it's called flock state (lower case for poetic reasons). The tracks are:

the 'A' rush

early winter rose

intruder alert

church is dangerous vital

to let (Quicktime Movie)

the mere of ice

a mary car

peered

northumberland

server room

garden

flock state

I use the name Devon Garde because there's a music professional in the UK who shares my real name; I didn't want to tread on toes. Anyway, I like the pun.

Here's the question: should I try to take my music any further?

Hi Mate,

You have some really cool ideas, and I like it a lot cause it is all very original and experimental. I like these sorts of things. However, I think in terms of production you have a road to travel. Its very harsh, young mixes. This is ok, cause all this takes loads of practice. I just wanted to say, thanks for the share, and keep at it. It will come.

Cheers