Mergi

Artist: Midi Miliz / Fuzzion

Release: The Missing Guest / Frog On The Run (Remixes) 12"

Year: 2007

Label: Boshke Beats

Cat-#: BBS013

Rating: 4/5

Tracklisting:

A: Midi Miliz - The Missing Guest (Tony Rohr Remix)

B: Fuzzion - Frog On The Run (Extrawelt's Run'n'Bass Remix)

I was really disappointed with the Tony Rohr remix when listening to the samples provided by the boshke website. But when I finally recieved the vinyl it immediately started growing on me. It's groovy as fuck, containing a seriously heavy beat and sweet subtle percussive elements... one of them being some sort of FX layer that sounds like you're moving heavy rocks on the ground. It's far from having the same mentally unstable atmosphere as that of the original, but wait for the additional tweaked FX noise introduced in the first break. It's truly unbearable at first because it's continuos, luckily it's cut up and used efficiently for the rest of the track and it also helps the track freak out like the original does in the end.

Finally the run'n'bass remix is in my possession. This version is a lot more polished and up to date than the one on BBS012. They've removed the unpolished rumbling bassline and added a more polished efficient multiple note one which also is higher up in the note scale so it's pretty much a melodic bassline. Otherwise it stays pretty much the same as the earlier version. I liked all the other elements in the earlier one except for the bassline, so combining those elements with the bassline of this one creates a high quality track with great potential both for homelistening and dancefloor.

• Like 1