sad news...

Guest Zero the Hero

we are very sad to announce the death of our dearest friend Onno Borgen also known as BONKY.

Onno died in an accident in Indonesia on Saturday the 4th of January.

He was a unique person and a true psychedelic artist with a distinctive style.

Onno was active in the trance scene for the last 9 years, living and creating in Amsterdam.

After releasing tracks in various labels he created his first album together with Fungus Of Light which was released on USTA records in 1999. His first solo album which was also the first album released on Doof records was released at the end of 2001 and lit up dance floors around the globe.

Onno has lately completed a new album to be released soon.

His life was short but full of music and fire and he died happy.

He was a true friend and we shall all miss him.

www.doofrecords.net

So long Onno.... :(

Guest Goagabba

Bonky has been one of my favourites since the beginning (Fungus of Light/Bonky release). His album on Doof records, struck a cord with my own taste in psy. He has collaborated with many of the Doof crewe on their comps like Acid Test and Triund.

Lots of of love and light to you Onno. R.I.P.

my condolences to his family and friends, it's a sad loss indeed. I was lucky enough to see and hear his last (i think) live performance in Amsterdam and it was a breath of fresh air. Onno and 3 other guys were onstage all dressed in animal suits, Onno was making the sounds and the other 3 were doing insane dance routines with fake musical instruments. His sense of humour and talent was plain to see. It brings a smile to my face just thinking about it now.

RIP Onno

Oh no! How extremely sad! It's a great loss to the ones close to him as well as to psy trance. I've followed his work since the beginning and found his unique, raw style not only trippy, but also beautiful. You can't help but make a certain connection with a sound that speaks to you in different ways. His music has been constantly changing over the years and I have been looking forward to more.... Thank you for the work you've left us with.

np: Bonky - "Bubble"

R E S T I N P E A C E Bonky