V/A Stepping forward (Ear Peaks Music / Domo @ October 07)

Guy Cohen

Hi All !

Quantize is a fresh project by two guys - Reshef Harari & Adi Ashkenazi from Israel. After several releases on various labels such as Blue Tunes, Dooflex and Midijum, it's time to taste a full compilation by the Quantize dou. "Stepping forward" compilation is packed with some familiar names (Aerospace, Odiseo and Echotek for example) together with new comers such as Buttersonic and Jey & EX. The designer of this cover is also deserves a credit for a beautiful ideas.

Posted Image

01. Behind blue eyes - Rumble in the jungle(Jey&Ex rmx)

One of BBE's biggest hits is remixed (again) by Carlos & Pedro. I did not expect it at all, but I got a groovy bomb with jumping vibes and lots of smiley waves all over. Jey & Ex were take this material and changed it to this own vision...the result is super-sweet. My favorite part here is start on 03:30 - spacey effects growing slowly and than get up the groovy kick and let us dig hardly. Fascinating beginning !

02. V Tunes – Simple, Dirty & Side chained (Quantize & Buttersonic rmx)

The second track is present an interesting cooperation between Quantize and Shahaf Efrat aka Buttersonic. The remix is special and refreshing - groovy bassline and fat kick is the main factors here. The most unique thing here is the simplicity atmosphere, which gives a warm feeling to the listener and magical ability to connect each ear easily.

03. Visua – Energy (Aerospace rmx)

The next track is also remix, this time by Guy (Youngman) Shanti better known as Aerospace. Guy has developed his style big time, his sound is more clear and sharp but unfortunately the modern style is not my cup of tea. Guy's remix to Energy track has some highlights moments like the break on 04:25 but the general concept is far from what I look for when I listen the proggy beats. Shanti - get back to the roots.

04. Buttersonic – Passion

Shahaf Efrat is back, but this time alone. This track can be written under "club-progressive" category, so all the fans of this genre - this is a gift for you. Generally, I found it a bit boring most of the time, despite the repeating Passion cheezy vocal. I'm sure this tune can shake a club floor without problem, but my taste is not includes this kind of proggy.

05. Aerospace – The future is here (Quantize rmx)

Each compilation has it own hit, most of the time is track number five, and this is the case here too. "The future is here" track is taken from Guy's debut album (Earth). Adi & Reshef did an excellent work with this remix - totally dance floor stuff. The effects & samples from the original track together with Quantize's additions are creates a lovely piece of groove. After three minutes and 35 seconds, the track is get down for the main brake and what a bomb is expect you here...DELICIOUS.

06. Odiseo – Think about U

Ulises Pascual is the man behind Odiseo project. This guy has the most friendly progressive-music I've never heard, All of his track are happy and positive. In my opinion, Odiseo has better releases than "Think about U" track, a bit more creativity could be very helpful here . The same loop is back itself again and again without special changes or increments, too much "dead" moments.

07. Echotek – Electro Buzz

Micha Yossef is known as a colorful producer cause his variation of styles (soft Full-On, Progressive and Electro). As the title say - this track is an Electro bomb from the first second until the last one. Usually, I can't connect with Electro material but this one surely has some secret magic. What a driving !

08. Flow & Zeo FT. Stephan DX – U can get some

The Electro line is keep here also. The tempo is slower and calmer but still, this track is an exciting experience. "U can get some" track is not appointed to the dance floor, just listen, smile and enjoy from cool breeze.

09. Flowjob – Woody Twister

Mads & Joakim are known as a dance floor jumpers. Their last visit in Israel was one of a kind, it's simply unbelievable how Flowjob music can hypnotize the crowd the make everyone fly high. "Woody Twister" track is chiller tune with atmosphere of the end. If you like electronic music, it's just impossible not have fun with this material.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/epe/epe1cd006.html

http://arabesque.co.uk//index.php?option=c...Itemid=99999999