Year: 2006

Label: Boshke Beats

Cat-#: BBS012

Rating: 3/5

Tracklisting:

A1: I C U

A2: Frog On The Run

B: Frog On The Run (Extrawelt Remix)

2 years has passed since the last 12". The diminishing trend is somewhat making me uneasy.

The choice of tracks just seems illogical. Had they chosen Distort And Discord as well as the title track Black Magic this would've been one tasty essential 12" that could've worked both on the dancefloor and for homelistening. Yet now we're left with two tracks containing no real energy and a b-side that is quite nice to listen to but is on the other hand too cluttery bassline-wise that it's hard to use in any way.

I C U always gives me the feeling of loneliness, there is this longing for better times. It sports an alternating synthline (to say the least)... in that it alternates from drizzling to a fast trot, and from sounding xylophone to vibraphone. Very nicely done along with the occasional trancesynth stabs and the whispering voice-samples "I see you" "I feel you". The simple guitar-riff that is added later on is somewhat out of place though and is quite annoying IMO. A decent 4 by 4 track that can work on occasions when you're in the right mood I guess.

Frog On The Run is a totally ridiculous track and I have no idea where this came from. It's an electro track with lot's of, well, ridiculous FX sounds... something that sounds like distorted farting, then high pitch squeak-squeak and so on. I don't really know what to make of it and I usually just skip over it.

The extrawelt remix of FOTR is a typical 4 by 4 loop thing again, but much slower and laidback. They've sampled only a few sounds from the original, first something that sounds like you hit bottles with different amount of liquid in them and then an unpolished rolling bassline sequence used just for a short time in the original but which is used for the whole track here. I like this much better than the original, nice listening material.

• 2 years later...

Artist: Fuzzion

Release: I C U / Frog On The Run

Year: 2006

Label: Boshke Beats

Cat-#: BBS012

Rating: 3/5

Tracklisting:

A1: I C U

A2: Frog On The Run

B: Frog On The Run (Extrawelt Remix)

2 years has passed since the last 12". The diminishing trend is somewhat making me uneasy.

The choice of tracks just seems illogical. Had they chosen Distort And Discord as well as the title track Black Magic this would've been one tasty essential 12" that could've worked both on the dancefloor and for homelistening. Yet now we're left with two tracks containing no real energy and a b-side that is quite nice to listen to but is on the other hand too cluttery bassline-wise that it's hard to use in any way.

I C U always gives me the feeling of loneliness, there is this longing for better times. It sports an alternating synthline (to say the least)... in that it alternates from drizzling to a fast trot, and from sounding xylophone to vibraphone. Very nicely done along with the occasional trancesynth stabs and the whispering voice-samples "I see you" "I feel you". The simple guitar-riff that is added later on is somewhat out of place though and is quite annoying IMO. A decent 4 by 4 track that can work on occasions when you're in the right mood I guess.

Frog On The Run is a totally ridiculous track and I have no idea where this came from. It's an electro track with lot's of, well, ridiculous FX sounds... something that sounds like distorted farting, then high pitch squeak-squeak and so on. I don't really know what to make of it and I usually just skip over it.

The extrawelt remix of FOTR is a typical 4 by 4 loop thing again, but much slower and laidback. They've sampled only a few sounds from the original, first something that sounds like you hit bottles with different amount of liquid in them and then an unpolished rolling bassline sequence used just for a short time in the original but which is used for the whole track here. I like this much better than the original, nice listening material.