Spike or Softy?

Melancholyman

I just read about spikes, when I bought my speakers they both came with 4 spikes to each one of them. Now I am wondering if those spikes are important since I have not mounted them.. First I thought it was only for stability but now I read that it will increase sound quality. But there seems to be 2 opinions, one where spikes give a good sound and one where softspikes (meaning something soft) gives a good sound and vice versa. I also heard that on a soft floor spikes are bad and there something soft should be used and on a hard floor spikes is the ultimate choice. I am a little confused, I will try to mount my spikes and see if there is any difference in sound but what are you're experiences and are you the spike or softy type?

Omg, I applied my spikes and the bass is totally different. Before it was much more distorted and became blurry now it's more like the bass is like in real good headphones, quick and swift. Jeez never could I imagine that it would make such a difference. Whohaaa!!!

It does though, as stated in the article that the vibrations are much higher, but I don't really care about neighbors..the important thing is that as a sound junky I get my fix. :drama: