talking about satan?

i remember a topic of some dude telling he didn't really like associations with satan or other nasty stuff...referring to some xenomorph track i believe (?)

i was fortunate enough to get xenomorph - antimatter....not much to say for me....stunned me when i heard it ("what the fucking hell is that?")...

what a treat :)))))

Guest Mike D

As long as it is done in a fun ways, as Xenomorph does it, I think it is great. Just like I think Metallic and Pantera in the od days were great fun, but all that antichrist underground satanic crap that was aorund was bad,it was just sick and twisted. Let's keep the vibe fun and happy, but still enjoy the dark side :-)

heh , i dont care. if it sounds good then its cool. personally i like dark @!#$ even when it is dark - Give me some death,blood and pain anyday. satan know how to rock)

Guest etherdesign

Why does satanism bother you? Are your christian.. if you aren't christian, catholic, whatever.. how can satanism bother you? If you don't believe in god and jesus than obviously you don't believe in the biblical devil.. right? or is it evil in general? let me tell you, evil is inherent in all humans... it may be overlooked, it may be thought of as something else.. but evil is evil and it lives in the heart of man.. the only thing to do is to accept it.. if you are appaled or scared of any evil.. how can you live your life?

Guest Mike D

I am a Catholic, but not really practising., but I just don't think it is right to enjoy being evil is all, if you enjoy doing twisted stuff, then how can you condemn terrorism, sadism, rape, murder? It is all linked, it is all people who embrace their evil side more than their good side... I know I have done small things that would be considered evil, as wel all have, but f uck i rgret doing, and noo, it does not eat me up, I enjoy my life, I just do not enjoy evil, or whatever,a dn to use music to promote evil like all the underground death bands, it is sick! All that crap about sodomising little kids, murdering your family, sacrifices to evil dark lrds, I hope to f uckng god they get what they deserve in the after life for contributing more to f ucking up this already f ucked planet!

Guest peaceful warrior

I think that if an artist puts some dark sample in their music it better have a purpose and that purpose shouldn't be to encourage people to be "evil". Its purpose should only be to add to the atmosphere of the song. It shouldn't be taken seriously. If an artist puts something satanic in their song and expects people to take it serious then I just have to laugh. That is just stupid. People sometimes think that identifying themselfs with evil will make them powerful but I think that is also stupid. Somethings in this world we call evil because these things represent destructive things. If people decide to really do destructive things they will eventually destroy themselves as well. So if people want to idolize evil I just have to laugh, it just seems so weak. People fear evil so they think that if they ally themselves with evil they will be protected. That is just silly. Do you think that if some person or being were living selfishly and destructively that they would give a @!#$ about you. Hell no. You would just be in the way of their destructive path. You are not strong enough to stand alone, so we treat each other with love and respect. I personally don't believe in satan or any other evil entity so that is just another reason to be turned off on the idea of idolizing evil. There is nothing to idolize but some self-destructive @!#$-up messing up his own and others' lives. That is what evil is in the real world.

hi

satanism comes from catholic religions...not that i'm saying you can't worship the devil,but if you say you're a satanist,you're actully a christian in some way.

razzz

Guest etherdesign

Plus, if you look at some of those death metal bands.. take away the music and the outfits or whatever, they're basically just geeks who got picked on too hard back in school and are just pissed off.. or something like that.. just a way to let off steam.. i doubt 1/1000th of them actually put any deep meaning into what they are saying or actually do the things they sing about.. we have Metalfest here in Milwaukee, it's like one of the biggest death metal shows in the nation.. for kicks I drove to the place it was being held and i swear it could have been a role playing game convention or something going on there not a death metal show.. talk about some geeks.. anyways.. i'm a geek too whatever.. they're just letting out aggression.. better by singing about it than actually doing it.

Guest Afghanfan

zultan ("sign")

he is our true leader

dude where is my car....

dude... where is your car????

ah dude where is my car

dude where is your car???

dude where is my car.....

Satan sux, Zultan rulzzz ("sign")

Peace in

:->

"i doubt 1/1000th of them actually put any deep meaning into what they are saying or actually do the things they sing about"

etherdesign you are a bit wrong. Most of the metal I listen to does have dee meaning. The metal I have been into has mostly positive messages or Most songs were about begin strong and true to yourself, or simply expressing thier views or concen. Some of the best hardcore metal comes from straight edge bands. And thier loud screaming lyrics are always antidrug - vegan -gay and womens rights - animal rights -. (earth crisis) . And then thiers metal bands like say Sepultura,, always a message in thier songs, about enviromental issues and human rights. Metal with harh vulgarites about kiling, maming and satan worship are to be taken more as stories and not as a statement that they are going to do it.

I like Mike D's post. I agree. I'm sick of it being "ok" to not take anything seriously, that happends to be twisted and evil. It would be nice if sombody actually got offended by the F ucked up lyrics in some bands "songs". When they tell you to murder your famlily and F u ck your dead grandmother, I hope you don't say something like "it's no big deal". People nowadays have no balls to condemn whats obviously very wrong... too many cowards in todays society. Especially centers of liberalism.

I say if they want to let out agression then join a boxing school. Let your agression out completly on the guy with the big red gloves. He will kick your ass during your temper tantrum. After that perhaps you'll want to start containing your little "agression".

It's their defense mechanism. This srewed up stuff is how they feel more secure. They are scared of people around them so they try and scare others away. They're big whimps with pink panties.

>>I hope you don't say something like "it's no big deal". People nowadays have no balls to condemn whats obviously very wrong... too many cowards in todays society. Especially centers of liberalism.<<

?????interesting....could u be alittle more specific??

I don't see the point at all. Did you really see someone telling you "mass-murder your family, it's good for you !" and think he was serious ?

Come on, it's just teenage provoking. Remember Bodycount (I guess he was one of the first before Eminem and the like) explaining how he took his mother "and I laid her ol' fucked up corpse on the floor and I cut her in little bitty pieces." It's so far-fetched, you can't take it seriously.

J.

hey,

im religious as well, but with my own religion in my head.

ok.

now i have nothing against any kind of religion.

one thing to tell you catholics, is that Satan, of course is Satan, the god of all evil.

in the christian, catholic,,, etc.. bible world.

not in all the others.

the church of satan has written what satan is to them.

it's not a god, as they don't belive in gos above humans, but they believe in the supernatural in general.

so satan is just a fron figure of thei worshipping and they way of life.

and they made 10 laws,, just like moses and jesus.

now, that was just a formality.

ok

i think in general that living in this way... doing what you please, don't hurt others unless they hurt you.

i think this is the way that most western people live.

and the fact that some people use evil samples or whatever in their tracks , is just a way of expressing darkness or evil sounds.

not a way of expressing "i believe in satan".

and like OA. if it sounds cool,,, don't bother.

if it's in the dark and made for the purpose of beeing a missionary thing to the listeners,, then it's crap.

i don't believe in missions, as a true and good religion would not have to do missioning.

you get my point?

/C

Guest peaceful warrior

I think what most of us think who listen to psy-trance and even some "dark" songs is that when we listen to some song with a dark vibe we are not thinking 'oh hell yea I want to go kill now' it is more like 'oh yea thats cool' it creates a scary vibe that is sometimes exciting. Its like watching a scary movie, its exciting, it gets your adrenaline going..because you feel like you are surrounded by dandger, danger that you must overcome. But I doubt that many of us watching say, The Evil Dead, go 'wow I want to be that demon'. No. Most of us identify with the heroe who is blowing away the demons. This is my perspective, and this is why I think it is perfectly o.k. to enjoy listening to dark psy and at the same time recognizing how stupid evil is in the real world. They are two different experiences of evil. As for all the people that might take it more serious than that when talking about music, I think those people are just really funny. I liked Mike D's post and mE's post and also part of cujo's post I agree with. But there is not just one way to take something seriously. I think that you must take something seriously if it is a real threat. To sum up, I think that it is o.k. for artist to put dark sounds and samples in their music but it is not o.k. for people to think it really is an endorsment of evil. If you do...that is really sad.

its true it creates a 'scary/spooky' feeling when listening to those kinda tracks..this together with dark underground places makes it even more like

being in some dungeon surrounded by gnomes and other dark creatures...:)

And artists who use "satanic" or whatever kind of samples are doing it cause they like the sound not cause of some twisted "i worship the devil" idea, and even if they do its still the people who believe in the whole CRAP who get offended (and indeed i think thats both very funny and extremely sad)

Psychedelic Trance ROX!

Yea well,

i made a track named GO GRINER.,

out on Pinwheel records within the next month.

and there is a sample:

with a girl screaming and a guy asking her:

HAVE YOU COMPACTED WITH THE DEVIL

and she replies NEVER NEVER.

WHATEVER?????

this track is dark, because i like dark,,,, i don't support satan, i just found this sample cool and it fitted perfectly into the dark thing of the track????

so you think im a satanist now?