splitting dj mixes for burning..

draeke

i've been burning my mixes on audio cd but i hate to have 1 single track lasting 70 mintues. I also hate to have tracks subdiveded randomly at let's say one track every 5 minute (and maybe the index will go just in the middle of a track or somethig. I've been doing cues with the program nero but was very long and really not easy, it had to load full track and was a pain to put the index. I am sure there must be some program which handles the wave and can easily help to make cue points :). any idea?

i've been burning my mixes on audio cd but i hate to have 1 single track lasting 70 mintues. I also hate to have tracks subdiveded randomly at let's say one track every 5 minute (and maybe the index will go just in the middle of a track or somethig. I've been doing cues with the program nero but was very long and really not easy, it had to load full track and was a pain to put the index. I am sure there must be some program which handles the wave and can easily help to make cue points :). any idea?

pc wavelab, mac peak pro. nothing is easy though in the beginning. now it takes me around 10 minutes to do it in both programs, but before it was more like 30 minutes. hope that helps my friend :)

pc wavelab, mac peak pro. nothing is easy though in the beginning. now it takes me around 10 minutes to do it in both programs, but before it was more like 30 minutes. hope that helps my friend :)

thanks, will try wavelab as i am a pc user.. never seen any option in soundforge (i use that usually) but will look there too..

how do u do that in wavelab? simply cutting pieces of the track? or is there a wy to put an index and it creates the cue file ?

:)

in soundforge is done very fast...

even if you have the full nero burning rom version you can split them over there,

but soundforge is much professional and detailed...

just don't forget to save in the good extension ;)

how? its not just adding markers is it?

yes but how? <_<

yes, you invert the track like you are going to write it, and then right click, sub menu and anylise it,

that's fore nero,

sound forge : same thing invert, and then you get a timebar, and select until 70 min and cut that part,

new file, past it, save it under mp3 320 kbs and then you can burn it with it nero or others...

so on and on

For soundforge I really dont know, but I guess that the burning program that comes with it has similar features as Wavelab. You dont need to cut or paste anything you just need to put indexing markers. (I think its called CD Architect, and should come as a standard component in the newest versions)

I dont have wavelab infront of me right now, but when you open it up, you have the option to make a new audiomontage. Once you have done so, you just set your markers where you want the first track to be, and then you set a marker in the end. The other markers are splitting/indexing markers < track start > track end and <> for indexes between tracks. Once you are in the montage view it will make all sense to you :)

I can make you a howto later on when I have my pc set up again (its still in a van to be delivered to me, as I relocated to Spain :()