Tracklisting:

01: Rip Van Hippy - Bite The Flower

02: Spyweirdos - Soryps

03: Loopus In Fabula - Funky Town

04: Spaz-tek - 18u

05: Weird Alchemy - Aftertouch

06: Silent Disciple - Millenium Drone

07: Exotic Matter - Anthrotrapezoid

08: The Omm Squad - Phoenix (Rip Van Hippy Remix)

09: Outolintu - 8-bit Flying Dutchman

10: Sienis - Feel the Power Of My Itchy Foot

11: Poly 61 - Out Here We Aren't

This compilation gives you one odd mix of music ranging from goa trance to forest trance to breaks to utterly plain strange noisy pieces. It took me a while to actully get myself to enjoy the record, it's just all over the place and I always found it hard to keep up with the pace. Right now I'd say this is one very amazing compilation.

The opening track is actually the track that insistently made me get back to the record all the time. Mr. Hippy did a great job building up a perfect mystical atmosphere accompanied by a real body moving groove, really dense stuff. Spyweirdos continues perfectly with a breaksfilled track that indeed takes off where Hippy left. Playful laidback track which indeed is hard to just skip over. Loopus version of funky town(?), funky funky, thick thick beat. Really nice track. Spaz-tek takes you somewhere completly else, very tweaked breaksfilled track that reminds me a bit of what Pound System (Psy-Harmonics) produces, psy-breaks. Very cool stuff to mix and play around with, the track contains force which makes it ideal to play loud. Weird Alchemy puts us back in a 4 by 4 beat session, very nice nighttime psychedelia track where all the elements actually works together to create one very body- and mind-moving atmosphere.

Then we have the tracks 06 & 07 which contains no distinct beat rather they are based on tweaking all your gear to the breaking point, interesting listen but I wouldn't know exactly when to play these... or when to listen to them. I've yet to figure out their purpose.

08 & 09 gives us some regular tripped out and twisted music. The Outolintu track is typical finnish psy-trance weirdness, very very nice listen. Sienis continues with a track containing a bassline that literally picks you up and toss you around all over the place.

The story ends with Poly 61s Out Here We Aren't, a beautiful track! I can't stop listening to it, amazing work. It's one of those tracks where you close your eyes and just indulge in the dreamy bleep-melody-sequences and the overall atmosphere containing a perfect shifty bassline.

Compilation rating: 4.5/5.0

Check it out!

• Like 1