YELLOW SUNSHINE EXPLOSION: Compilation Goa 2

Guest Kristian

Hej lunar, jag bor nere i mörka Småland (tyvärr). fast oavsett var man bor, är det ju svårt att hitta trancefester för såna som oss nuförtiden.

I haven't heard this new one Kristian's talking about, but what I can say is I heard the first YSE (mixed by Bim), which btw also had some solid tracks, and it was the worst fucking comp. ever. At least in my book. It's just so hard to imagine how someone could screw up so badly on a bunch of very good tracks....

Listen carefully before you buy.

Well, if it's mixed, that just about kills it right there eh?

I went back a checked the track listing more closely. There's six or seven wicked songs on there. There is also a few songs I haven't heard from established groups (can't comment on those), and a few songs from groups I've never heard of, so I can't comment on those either.

Final result, I bet you've got 8 or 9 good tracks out of the 18, which means you really have 1 CD's worth of good material (perhaps not so solid afterall). But given the price (roughly the same as a single CD), it may not be that bad a deal.

Bottom line, I suspect a large part of the negative reaction comes from the way it's packaged. It reminds me of the "This is..." series of electronica compilations. These things are usually sneered at by people who are really into a genre, but they can be a great way for someone to stumble upon something they would never have found otherwise.

The second goa CD I ever got was some double CD mixed by Tsuyoshi and Sid Shanti called "Hypnotic Trance 4" (or something cheesy like that). Anyway, I wouldn't likely buy something like that anymore, but it was a great discovery for me at the time. So why knock it?

So this CD is "for people which dont know shit about goa" ... Probably, but is that a bad thing?

And it's for "the posers." That's a bit harsh don't you think? Possibly even elitist?