New reveiws log in

What do you think of the review section-a big pile of wank that is designed to slow and impede the flow of reviews on this site ? or a quality control measure that will invariably increase the quality of reviews here ? I'm tempted to go with the first option.

Well since people couldnt behave there were a lot of crap posts, now there arent hardly any reviews instead.

I think it´d be better to allow anyone who wants to post a review but to have some kind of moderator you could report a bad post to so it could be deleted.

This site needs reviews!!

Guest UrhgurH

Agree, it's better to delete bad reviews than having no reviews at all.

there is alot of great new music being released all the time,

and obviously people don't want to mail the review to the site for aproval.

The simple type and post review system was better,

maybe with an handle/mail block against users that abuse it.

Guest Fiba Optix

Agree with D-Dave. Have someone moderate the posts, that way people won't be afraid of posting. Be harsh, but fair i.e. if you start hassling or annoying people or their taste in music (as opposed to the album or comp being reviewed) delete it!

Cheers

Fiba

Come on guys ! The internet is freeeeeeee !! We're all big enough to know what posts are relevant, and what posts are just plain pants ... Restrictions in freedom of speech, for whatever reason are sinister. What is this, the trance police ? Hmmm ... who polices the police ? Isn't there a saying "there's no such thing as a bad review" ?

Guest bugbread

The internet costs me $30 a month.

If the internet is free, I'm gonna change amazon.com to a shampoo company.

Oh, wait, amazon.com is OWNED by a company! I can't do whatever I want with it, because it's not mine.

Hey, come to think of it, psynews is owned by Mars and Children. I can't do whatever I want with it, because it's not mine.

BUT I WANT TO BE ABLE TO DO WHAT I WANT WITHOUT BEING RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS!!! I WANT THE FREEDOM TO DESTROY A SITE THAT OTHER PEOPLE RUN!!! PEOPLE SHOULD ALLOW ME TO SAY ANYTHING I WANT ON THEIR SITE!!! PEOPLE SHOULD ALLOW ME TO SAY ANYTHING I WANT IN THEIR HOUSE!!! ADVERTISING COMPANIES SHOULD ALLOW ME TO SPRAYPAINT GRAFFITI ON SIGNS!!! I SHOULD BE ABLE TO SCREAM "FIRE" IN A CROWDED THEATRE!!!

If you want a truly free, unmoderated place to hang out, make one yourself, but don't demand that other people use their computers, their time, and their money to provide you with one. If the world worked like that, I'd ask Mars and Children for a car.

i don´t understand all these problems with the review section...why not just stop friggin complaining, mail children for a l/p and make a good review?

i mean if people are afraid to write something it must be ´couse they know it´s irrelevant or stupid.

i´d rather read reviews of my tracks that are serious, rather than after 1 or 2 good posts i have to start reading some stupid converstation about drugs or just plain powerstruggles between two people....

Guest bugbread

Otto:

From what I gather, that's Mars and Children's plan for Psynews version 2, if and when it comes out. The new system is just a temporary fix.

Yes that's a temporary one, but we can't moderate reviews ... you guys can't imagine the work it could demand :-) Before we had around 50 to 100 reviews per DAY !!! And only 10 of them were good. Then people make good reviews but answer at the same time to a bullshit review above -> what if we remove the bullshit review ? The good review would have no sense in its answer to the bullshit one, that disappeared -> remove it ? No, cause it's a good review -> modify it and remove the words about the bullshit review. You now see the problem ?

Trust us, this new system is better than the previous one, maybe you now have 3 reviews for a release, but at least they are good ones and I think there will be more & more as more & more people subscribe. I also think more releases have no review because we add much more than before, as I don't have to get a review for a release to add it now -> takes me much less time to add a review. But as I said I think it will get better with the time (when more people will subscribe), and particularly when V2 will start ...

The V2 of the site will permit you to subscribe through the site, not by mailing me, but it's not ready yet, Mars is working on it, but he has a real job (& life) too and that's why it takes time.

Guest --==1400MileS==--

Loatsa reviews rolling in for the new albums today though (i'm doing my fair share hehehe). Just sign up, it isn't THAT hard. The more the better, even untill V2 launches...

Nice job, Children and Mars.

Guest koolaid

A tally or a `last-updated date' next to the cd's would be really useful, so we can see when a new review has been added.

Otherwise every day I have to keep on clicking on the cd to see if it's been reviewed.

Keep up the good work!