Nokturnal

Psytrance Promo 2007 - Motion Notion

Mixed by: Sons of Aurora

Mixed and Recorded: Jan 2007

Genre: Progressive & Full-On Psytrance

Length: 1:18:22

http://audio.area709.com/djmusicdet.php?dj=21&mix=190

Description:

This is the first installment in our three part Sons of Aurora promotions package we are sending out for the 2007 season. Although regrettably not a live recording, we feel this mix best portrays the sounds we love when ripping it up in front of a crowd while under the open skies. We chose to remix this selection and add a new ending in the hope that although the tracks are not super fresh, the mix as a whole will give promoters an idea of what we consider to be our favorite progressive and full-on psytrance sounds.

Posted Image

Tracklist:

1. Beat Bizarre - Booger Launcher

2. Shakta - Into The Light

3. Etic - Touch Ups

4. Beat Bizarre - Pests for Pets

5. Tetraktys - Stoned Immaculate

6. Shakta - Akira Lives!

7. Wizzy Noise - Elektro Theater

8. Space Monkey - Digital Illusion

9. Rinkadink - Kookykaboom

10. Zertonine - Arkturus

11. LoMaX - Human Beings

12. Space Monkey - Resident Evil

13. Droidlock vs. Shirkan - Tuning

14. Space Monkey - Distorted reality

15. Fly Agaric - I See Myself

Reviews:

Ill say it once , Ill say it twice.. and maybe a few more times after: That was one of ze bests sets i've heard... eva. You guys were super that night. - Nadine

Three key parts of this set that I absolutely love. The slow start, which makes me imagine people just swaying from side to side like blades of grass in the wind. This is in contrast to the moments around the 68 and 100 minute marks that just about give me an aneurysm every time I listen. You guys did a fantastic job pacing the set. I've heard relentless full-on sets that have left me numb after 20 minutes, but this one turns up the heat at the perfect moments and just leaves me blown away. I'll probably anticipate your next set at more than the headliner next year at Motion Notion, unless Katalyst happens to land Shpongle :) - Anonymous

Sons Of Aurora, amazing set. Since I made the journey from Winnipeg City to Motion Notion this summer, I've always acknowledged your set as one of the finest that weekend. So, I was incredibly pleased to find out that it was available online! Awesome set!! It reminds me so much of that wonderful weekend at Motion Notion this past summer... Keep on rockin' in the psy world..... - Chris (aka lo progression)

Hey guys! I just wanted to tell you how I was blown away by your set at Motion Notion and your 'tag' with Moontribe afterwards. It was amazing! I know my friend e-mailed you guys already, it's was his first rave ever and you helped make it a truly unforgettable experience. We are both huge fans now and it's exciting to know there is such great talent coming out of our home town! Have listened to the Motion Notion mix and the Shambhala mix and I can't stop! Thanks again for sharing your talent and love with us at Motion Notion. Take care and keep making great music! - Tyler

Darvin and Norris, What can I say but thank you for making Motion Notion for me. You guys kicked some serious ass with your tunes and mixing, such a nice buildup, slowly starting off the set getting everyone warmed up. The whole time I was thinking oh my god, these guys are building to something insane! And you did not disappoint, there were times on the dance floor I was just blown away, the builds and breakdowns were so good! At times I just wanted to scream out my appreciation, but I had no air in my lungs from dancing so hard, those moments I opened my mouth in stunned appreciation. And that track with the evil laugh before the music dropped into insanity was absoulutely sick! We who saw you that night (or any night for that matter) are truly blessed to have you guys playing music for us! Thank you thank you thank you! - Craig.

• 2 weeks later...