Setup problem...

So, here is what I got.

1 16 chanel digital mixer

1 Audio card 10 outputs

1 CD Decks

1 DJ Mixer with 4 channels

1 Patchbay

Now, what do I want to do? Instead of mixing with the internal mixer in Traktor, I want to be able to control the mix via the DJ Mixer. In order to do that, I need to route deck a and deck b to Audio01 and Audio02 (both Stereo, using 4 channels)

I would then normally lose 4 channels to make music with, however I have a patchbay. The patchbay will however (And this is the feeling I get) bring the soundquality down a little bit.

So my question, does anyone have any experiences with patchbays? Whats the loss? Should I go for it? I mean, How cool wouldnt it be to be able to play with 2 decks in Traktor, at the same time as 2 normal CD decks, and one Vinyls player.... mix mayhem!

I am thinking of integrating Ableton live and my midicontroller as well, but that is the next step :) Playing with loops at the same time as playing records is brilliant (for me)

So, tell me guys, what you reckon? Will I lose quality when patching it, or will it not be noticeable?

It will go like this in the schematics: Soundcard > Patchbay > Dj Mixer/Digital Mixer > Digital Mixer > soundcard in (A bit confusing yeah I know hehe)

Nemo

not sure how to solve your problem, but if you google "patchbay" hundreds of tutorial sites show up :)

646180[/snapback]

I know how to set it up, just I dont know what the loss in signal will be, I will google that for sure, just wanted to know if anyone has experience. When I used the patchbay before, it was for the virus and for some other analogue gear, and the loss was very minimal.... i dont know about the soundcard though... :)