Psynews is boring

Guest Astyanax

Hehe I think Psynews rocks, but did anyone ever notice that "psynews" (English) is pronounced almost exactly the same way as "saai nieuws" (Dutch), which means "boring news" in English? I don't think this was considered when the name Psynews was chosen and it just happened to cross my mind, but anyway, I love Psynews.org :-D

Guest Setsuko

nah, not realy actually... i still pronounce the 'p' in the beginning. although i think it's a stupid name for a psytrance related site , ... but the main importance is not the name of the site , it's the information and 'entertainment' in it :)

i love psynews ;)

Guest Goazzz!!

I haven't noticed it since i can't understand a word in Dutch!! I have some friends from Holland and i laugh a lot when i hear them speaking to each other!!! i think they don't stop even to take a breath!! It' a weird languge..... It reminds me little bit of German but then i hear to some of the words and i thing this guys gonna swallow their tongues!!!! I knew some words but i forget them now!!! i think "ne" means no or something!!! totally different from my languge that ne means yes!!!

It is funny anyway!!!

Respect!!!!

Yep I noticed that! Because...

Some of the people I know talk about whether or not going to a "saai-tek" party...

With this of course expressing what they theink about psychedelic techno: saai (=boring)...

I think it's really stupid to use the word PSY like that... it's a disgrace to the music and to themselves...

SO... for the Dutch people: please pronounce the P just a little bit... :)

Goazzz... I'm trying to figure out what could be the sound we produce that makes you think we're gonna swallow our tongue! hmmmm ??? ;)

My mom takes Arabic courses, some syllabels have to be pronounced as if you need to puke... really weird, but kinda disgusting to you know...

Guest Astyanax

Goazzz, I assume you are Greek. I've learnt ancient Greek at school for 6 years, but the pronounciation of modern Greek is very different. Dutch for "no" is "nee". The double e is pronounced as the "ay" in the English "May". Just a short lesson in Dutch... ;-)

Btw, did you notice my nick is ancient Greek? ;-)

Guest Goazzz!!

Thanks for this short lesson in Dutch Astyanax!!!! I didn't notice that your nickname is in ancient Greek, cause i'm not used to see ancient Greek with English letters!!! I didn't know that you are studying ancient Greek in school!!! for 6 years???? we study ancient for 3 years here!!! and i have to admit i wasn't very good!!!! i can hardly remember some!!

Respect!!!!