When modern dark psy meets Goa

Ormion

Hey guys! I just finished my new track called Vortex Of Azathoth (yeah! :D )

The style of it is similar to the Parvati/Trishula stuff=very dark, hard and aggressive, with many effects and a bit gothic (with p.organs, pianos etc.) but also I wrote two 100% Goa melodies just to make it more interesting.

If you're curious about it give it a listen and tell me what you think.

Any feedback will be appreciated.

I upload it in two different sites so they won't be problems just like other times.

Here are the links:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ra13eo

http://www.uploading.com/files/61UC3RUC/Vo...athoth.mp3.html

Thanks! :)

13 seconds into it you have this ocordian-ish sound I didn't care for. It seems too basic/easy-to-do sounding... but after that, the beat, the notes around 1:30 are very nice.

Return to beat, the squeeky sounds...the LOUD crow/bird effects are a cool touch, I like how loud you mixed it. :)

Don't care for that orcordian sound that returns. It doesn't seem to flow and go with the overall song, it's better skilled in creating than that sound IMHO.

I like your goa melody...especially at 4:20!...followed by a cool echoed voice bit.

- this part at 4:20 -6:08 is my favorite part of the song. It's more catchy.

Maybe raise the beat/kickdrum, bassline a bit. Give it a bit more punch.

I like the second goa melody and the atmosphere added soon after. Nice!

The entire song shifts ground and direction around 6:17...going back to being dark. I really like the added in crow echoes... and I don't like the easy 1-2 ocordian notes thing. That sound isn't catchy IMHO and distracts from the more provocative tone and experience. It almost takes me completely out of the song which is I like.

This thing could be really good with some touch ups, improvements, and perfections.

Is this in mono or sterio? It was hard to tell. And do you plan on releasing this??

The style description sounded extremely interesting so I thought why not give it a try ;)

Let's start off with the bad:

- the overall sound is very muffled. Most of the sounds seem to be lowpass filtered very low. Give the sounds more upper frequency range.

- the percussions are too weak in the mix. Give them a little compression to make them appear more crispy and upfront. They should have a higher volume.

- the droning organ type lead synth in the beginning is honestly spoken horrible. You should completely rework the synth. Maybe adding some FX later could help.

- the bassline has some nice sub frequencies but seems to be too muffled overall. I can live with that, but it makes the mix appear even muddier.

Now on to the good:

- FX placement, transitions, FX design are great.

- There is a lot of details in the track which make it interesting over a longer period of time.

- Dark atmosphere :P

- The acid/goa leads are fantastic. How did you do them? I would consider giving them more emphasis in the overall track.

But what I suggest you to do first is to get more upper frequencies in there, they add drive and clarity to the track.

Keep it up!

13 seconds into it you have this ocordian-ish sound I didn't care for. It seems too basic/easy-to-do sounding... but after that, the beat, the notes around 1:30 are very nice.

Return to beat, the squeeky sounds...the LOUD crow/bird effects are a cool touch, I like how loud you mixed it. :)

Don't care for that orcordian sound that returns. It doesn't seem to flow and go with the overall song, it's better skilled in creating than that sound IMHO.

I like your goa melody...especially at 4:20!...followed by a cool echoed voice bit.

- this part at 4:20 -6:08  is my favorite part of the song. It's more catchy.

Maybe raise the beat/kickdrum, bassline a bit. Give it a bit more punch.

I like the second goa melody and the atmosphere added soon after. Nice!

The entire song shifts ground and direction around 6:17...going back to being dark. I really like the added in crow echoes... and I don't like the easy 1-2 ocordian notes thing. That sound isn't catchy IMHO and distracts from the more provocative tone and experience. It almost takes me completely out of the song which is I like.

This thing could be really good with some touch ups, improvements, and perfections.

Is this in mono or sterio? It was hard to tell. And do you plan on releasing this??

623060[/snapback]

Thanks for the words Jon. No I'm not planning to release it, I'm still a beginner.

The idea was to make a dark track with some gothic elements but also have some goa elements. It will sound stupid but I tried to make a track that simulates a vortex. The dark part is the one side of the vortex that you sink in and when you get to other side there are this goa more morning style.

What do you mean mono or stereo? :unsure: I try a lot ot make it as stereo as it gets. Maybe you should try to listen it with headphones.

Anyway thanks for the feedback!!! :):):)

The style description sounded extremely interesting so I thought why not give it a try ;)

Let's start off with the bad:

- the overall sound is very muffled. Most of the sounds seem to be lowpass filtered very low. Give the sounds more upper frequency range.

- the percussions are too weak in the mix. Give them a little compression to make them appear more crispy and upfront. They should have a higher volume.

- the droning organ type lead synth in the beginning is honestly spoken horrible. You should completely rework the synth. Maybe adding some FX later could help.

- the bassline has some nice sub frequencies but seems to be too muffled overall. I can live with that, but it makes the mix appear even muddier.

Now on to the good:

- FX placement, transitions, FX design are great.

- There is a lot of details in the track which make it interesting over a longer period of time.

- Dark atmosphere :P

- The acid/goa leads are fantastic. How did you do them? I would consider giving them more emphasis in the overall track.

But what I suggest you to do first is to get more upper frequencies in there, they add drive and clarity to the track.

Keep it up!

623065[/snapback]

Thanks for listen and comment Cybernetika! :)

I actually make the effects sound a bit low-filters in purpose, but I don't have any good equipment to produce more quality stuff. :(

About the kick I think is very loud, aybe my sub-woofer sucks... :unsure:

Thanks a lot!!! :)

I meant the bassline was a bit muffled, not the kick. The kick is fine to me. The only suggestion I could give you about it: use an equalizer on the kick, and boost a small area at 2kHz. This will be the high "knock" of the kick. At the same time you might reduce the 2kHz area of other sounds. When you did this right, your kick will sound better and clearer, especially when played on a PA the right amount of high frequencies on the kick is very important. :) .. however, if you got a good sample already, leave it as untouched as possible ;)