My First Psy Track! - Need Guidance and Advice

Hello all my psyfriends:D:D

This is my first Psychedelic track..

It has been a long mission to get sounds and fit them all together.

Ive been trying to make a decent track for over 6 months but had no clue about where to start.

I made this track through fruity loops 6.0.8 Producer Edition. I suffered alot finding a good bassline sound. Finally got just 1 sound which isnt even that great.

Please download the track and let me know what elements i am missing..and please help me someone to get good bassline sounds, am really struggling to find good bassline sounds....

I am missing alot of background sounds which come together on the buildup before the song climax..etc..etc...But..

Please feel free to leave any comments and I must say this is one Hell of a Great forum :)

Link to my track:

http://rapidshare.de/files/28041489/Lysergic_Acid.rar

:):P

Hello all my psyfriends:D:D

This is my first Psychedelic track..

It has been a long mission to get sounds and fit them all together.

Ive been trying to make a decent track for over 6 months but had no clue about where to start.

I made this track through fruity loops 6.0.8 Producer Edition. I suffered alot finding a good bassline sound. Finally got just 1 sound which isnt even that great.

Please download the track and let me know what elements i am missing..and please help me someone to get good bassline sounds, am really struggling to find good bassline sounds....

I am missing alot of background sounds which come together on the buildup before the song climax..etc..etc...But..

Please feel free to leave any comments and I must say this is one Hell of a Great forum :)

Link to my track:

http://rapidshare.de/files/28041489/Lysergic_Acid.rar

:)  :P

580014[/snapback]

Did haven't heard your track yet... but if you're struggling with basslines in FL then you should play with the TS-404 more. I used FL Studio in the beginning and have since moved on to Ableton Live, but I do miss the TS-404 and the random note generator a lot... that combo was a really easy way to get killer basslines.

first of all i hate rapidshare :( it really suxx i prefer yousendit or speedyshare...

very big file hope the quality is such a big :) but if not , dont make 320 kbs mp3 it wont help nothing :) did you mastered it or sth ?? i didnt heard it yet it is just downloading :)

but now it downloaded so listen my review :)

very nice begining very pumping :)

give this lead a little more decibels coz it disapears in this bass...the melody from 2:00 is a housy thing....the song has too litlle dynamics , hope it will be better later (it is your first song:) and it sounds such,looped motifs, i dont hear any fx on synths...try to make something like this :

put 3 times a loop which is plaing and in the 4 time a variation of it , shorter or longer...

when i listen it more it sounds very funny and creepy :) there are a motifs combined with them,played on the same synths all the time :) quite boring :) 8 minutes im on 5 right now...

ok...few advices...if you cant now make varioous melodies try to play one melody by few instruments, with a little changes each time on each intrument...

very funny stuff :) keep rolin and it will be souind better, and dont finish songs when you cant try to make as many new projects as possible time will let you finish one :)

Hey doublemiu

Thanks for the feedback brother:)

Really appreciate that...and yes your right the melodies do get a bit boring towards the end...still alot to learn man!!

Do you know of any good Vsti for bassline sounds?? Still struggling with bass sounds!!!!

if you are at the beginning of music creation just make vb-1 with synthi preset it makes just fine,just a liitle bit equalization :) i'm using it all the time coz i love it :) it is very good for full on :)

next try v-station , bass station or bazzoid :)

but vb-1 is good enought :) simpliest is the best :)

If you added some hi hats to the track that wud be good :) Sometimes its hard to get nice hi hat sounds :/ I started off with fruity then turned to Reason, just it feels the sound quality isnt as good as Fruity lol. I should start learning Cubase just when I put the monitor button on I seem to get an echo :/ ugh... Good start for a first track, your on your way my friend :)