Tip of the day!

...if you found something out, which is useful for people to know about, even if its OLD news, it might come handy for some people.

My tip of the day for getting rid of vibrations from your monitors (speakers) is to cut tennis balls in half, and stick them under your speakers :) Its ugly as fuck, but it doesnt cost as much as the nice speaker foam that you can buy in shops hehe :)

...if you found something out, which is useful for people to know about, even if its OLD news, it might come handy for some people.

My tip of the day for getting rid of vibrations from your monitors (speakers) is to cut tennis balls in half, and stick them under your speakers :) Its ugly as fuck, but it doesnt cost as much as the nice speaker foam that you can buy in shops hehe :)

575755[/snapback]

my tip is: dont use colored balls!!! i made it with purples, greens and reds...it SUCKS!! <_<

so my tip is: PAINT THEM BLACK :)

575755[/snapback]

My dad used to deliver equipment to sport halls so I took some samples of exercise mats and put them under my speakers. That way they do not vibrate straight on my desk and i got the a bit higher up in front so that I get an almost perfect triangle between me and the speakers.

A tip from me : If your speakers are throwing out too much bass, put some clothing in the bass reflexes. I got a two pack of boxershorts for christmas some years ago (yay!) which were way too small, so I put them in the bass reflexes. Works great :)

My dad used to deliver equipment to sport halls so I took some samples of exercise mats and put them under my speakers. That way they do not vibrate straight on my desk and i got the a bit higher up in front so that I get an almost perfect triangle between me and the speakers.

A tip from me : If your speakers are throwing out too much bass, put some clothing in the bass reflexes. I got a two pack of boxershorts for christmas some years ago (yay!) which were way too small, so I put them in the bass reflexes. Works great :)

575781[/snapback]

does it also work to clean them? like supersonic??? :)

my tip:put some dirty clothes in your bassreflex and play a kemic-al track on high volume... you will be suprised how clean they are afterwards!!! :D

I wouldnt know where to fit that cloth?!

Posted Image

These are the monitors that I hve, and the tennis balls are underneath.

Thanks for the tip to paint them black, I will buy some spray paint this weekend :)

I wouldnt know where to fit that cloth?!

Posted Image

575824[/snapback]

hmm... maybe you should cut the clothes in tiny slices!?! :P

btw:nice monitors...

These are the monitors that I hve, and the tennis balls are underneath.

Thanks for the tip to paint them black, I will buy some spray paint this weekend :)

575824[/snapback]

no problem!!! your welcome :)

so here is my next tip: always give helpfull tips ;)

hmm... maybe you should cut the clothes in tiny slices!?!  :P

btw:nice monitors...

no problem!!! your welcome  :)

so here is my next tip: always give helpfull tips  ;)

575831[/snapback]

Haha, I like the air tha comes out of those slices!!! :D Yeah these balls are ugg like hell now hahaha :)

To stay on topic here:

Would you think that this affects the effect though? If you paint the TENNIS balls... I found some spray paint, and im gonna do them now! :D

To stay on topic here:

Would you think that this affects the effect though? If you paint the TENNIS balls... I found some spray paint, and im gonna do them now! :D

575905[/snapback]

good luck! :)

btw: i think the only effect you will get is, THEY WILL LOOK BETTER!!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...