Ol' School Fetish

There's a little thing i want to understand. Are you, Ol' School fetishists have sexual fantasies about old people? Do you like buying food that lied on the shelf more than 3 years? Are you the kind of people that keep wines in the attic till they rot? Eh?

Yes, i'm talking to you.

I don't quite see the point of this thread, but that has never stopped me from replying before, so...

Saying "oldschoolers" eat mouldy food etc are obviously flawed comparisons. I think it's more fair to compare it to the passion for old cars; They may not be the fastest, have the coolest high-tech gadgetry built in or similar, but they have a level of charm and personality that no new car can really measure up to. The more handcrafted feeling, the older materials used, the less stereotype design and all that give a dimension of enjoyment that new cars can't supply. On the other hand, a new car is often technically superior, and sometimes you do just want something that feels fresh and that simply works...

Another take on this topic would be wether us "goa heads" are into other vintage stuff too; I'm not, personally. I want a new computer, a new bike, new furniture and new clothes. I don't listen to old goa trance because it's old, but because it speaks to me much more than the new stuff. In other genres I find older releases much less rewarding than the newer ones.

Guest antic

I don't quite see the point of this thread, but that has never stopped me from replying before, so...

Saying "oldschoolers" eat mouldy food etc are obviously flawed comparisons. I think it's more fair to compare it to the passion for old cars; They may not be the fastest, have the coolest high-tech gadgetry built in or similar, but they have a level of charm and personality that no new car can really measure up to. The more handcrafted feeling, the older materials used, the less stereotype design and all that give a dimension of enjoyment that new cars can't supply. On the other hand, a new car is often technically superior, and sometimes you do just want something that feels fresh and that simply works...

Another take on this topic would be wether us "goa heads" are into other vintage stuff too; I'm not, personally. I want a new computer, a new bike, new furniture and new clothes. I don't listen to old goa trance because it's old, but because it speaks to me much more than the new stuff. In other genres I find older releases much less rewarding than the newer ones.

540018[/snapback]

Same here :)

I don't fancy old food, clothes, cars or computers either. But in case of psytrance I like old-school more just because the genre changed soooo much in last years, that to me it's not the music I fell in love anymore.

I can't connect to darkpsy or progressive, not to mention israeali full-on at the same level as I do with with old-school. Current "psytrance" (in general, there are exceptions!) is just dance tracks, few years ago it was dance music <- that's a big difference for me :)