Celtic Goa

Guest bugbread

Anyone know of some good Celtic inspired tunes? The only ones I know of off-hand are

Shiva Sidpao - Power of Celtic

Hallucinogen - Jiggle of the Sphynx

Yahel - Angel Johnathan

Celtic Cross- Darshannan

I played the Celtic Cross and Yahel tunes back to back at a party to finish my set, and, man, talk about energy!

Yeah, Mike - I read the title of this post and thought two things: Celtic Cross and Afro Celt Soundsystem. Which is your favorite? I have the third only, and like it. I'd say it's more downbeat/chillout, though. Ambient's a little extreme in description (there's LOTS of rhythm in that one). :) EA

Guest Mike Indidginus

EA, my learned colleague... Can there not be rhythm in ambient tracks? A recent study conducted at the University of Anchorage has shown that 9 out of 10 cat owners prefer Afro Celt to whale song. I haven't heard that much of Celtic Cross, but I was fortunate enough to play at a festy that Afro Celt were also playing at and I really enjoyed their music. Remember, Roopak may be watching...

I'm here, Prof. Mike. Allow me to catch my breath...

You wouldn't believe how hard it was to sell the John Taylor outfit! I suppose he's not so much of a "hottie" anymore, at least in Rio, what with the wife and kids and global/domestic scandal. Sub-Queen Roopak and his Android Bumblemen are hot on our trail. We'll have to overhaul our entire plan at world rule. For now I must go to work (everyone, even world-dominators, must earn a living you know). I'll bring some pro bono McRib Sandwiches to our secret lair in the steppes so as to recharge our super-minds after this distressing turn of menacing Roopakian events. Wish me luck on my first day as Fries Fryer. Couple extra bucks a week, you know, that will go into the pot, don't you worry.

Yours truly,

Oprah

You should all check out the new Goa remix album by Enya, including the title track, "Me loove, 'e 'as Rrroon Awee wi' Me 'orrrse Grrroomerrr, Rrriding Barrreback thrrew tha 'ills and Rrriverrrs of Autumn." It's a full-on, stomper, stormer, bomb track. :) EA

Guest Mike Indidginus

Oprah, there is no time to catch breath. Quick! Be on your way to Arabesque! Tracy only visits that area once every 5,000 years when Jupiter aligns with Saturn. If we do not exonerate our nutri-grain elevenses we may be lost forever! We may need help. I propose we establish a "Fellowship". These men have offered their services in the fight against Duchess Rrrrrrrrrrrroopak...

top_left.gif

Now run, Oprah, run like the wind! I look forward to meeting Martha Stewart in the Off Topic section ;)