Psychoslaphead - Psychoslaphead

I fell prey to cheap cutout of it as well.

I frankly don't think its worth $4.. I mean, its EARLY juno. so early that its more like.. oh, yeah, now that you *say* its juno, I can see that,.. yeah..

a bit to... dated for me. and mind you, i LOVE old school goa. but this is pre-old school. hard to describe, except to say that when this came out, I was a full blown metal head and woulda scorned this mightily then.

now I'm .. well, not a full blown "trancer" but last two years have delved deep into goa/psy trance, and got every juno I could get my hands on.

but this is just too "new wave" for me or something.

just imho....

also, the remixes sound too much like each other.

Is it anything like Transmissions? I mean, it dates from the same time period, so I'm thinking it must be at least similar. If it is like Transmissions I'll be very happy since that album is my favorite psy album. At least it was cheap if it's bad! I've heard similar comments about Luciana, and that's selling for loads of cash at eBay as we speak. Thanks for the comments, brent. :)

I have transmissions, and can safely say I think they're nothing alike.

if you're just dying to hear it, I can probably make an mp3 or two and put it on my web site for you to hear (but given I have limited storage space wouldn't be a lot).. but you can hear for yourself.

frankly, I don't think its that great at all. Like I've said, maybe only to be able to say you own everything Juno related, but otherwise....

Guest Telepod

I've had this track since '94... it was on a 'Best of Rave' comp. cassette that was in all the gas stations and college bookstores for a while... has 'james brown is dead' 'silicon jesus' 'we are back' by LFO, and of course PsychoSlapHead... it's all cheezo-break happy rave muzyk, psychoslaphead included. Still fun in the car occasionally and useful from a historical perspective... but I couldn't see playing it in a mix now, even as a nod to the old skool.

Have fun, y'all!

Amos

I listened to a couple of the tracks today and I have to admit it's not nearly as bad as you guys have made it out to be. Yeah, there are some cheese aspects, but all the signs of the future Juno sound are there. Very interesting to listen to creativity beginning to blossom. I don't know if I'd highly recommend it to anyone, but I'd certainly recommend it to Juno Reactor fans. :)

yeah- thats what I sort of hinted at in my first post--

if you know its juno reactor, you can certainly hear hints of the greatness that is to come.

but I guess for me, living in the now, (i.e. after this CD was made, and even after juno hit their stride -after beyond the infinite or so); then psychoslaphead is merely an interesting artifact-- maybe like discovering a poem written by a teenaged edgar allan poe... probably not interesting as a poem itself, but more because of who did it....

so yeah- as historical bits of music go, its cool to hear the hints of whats to come. but as music in and of itself, I can only listen to it once in a great while. not that its bad,but for me it seems more repetitive than anything...

my additional $0.02 (I'm up to what, $0.06 now? :-P )