Artist: Sandman

mars

Artist: Sandman (Izik Levy)

Date: 03-12-00

By: DQ

Q: How would you describe your music in few words ?

A: Open minded music...with fusion style of more than one style I think it's hard to describe my music (even i think that :)) cause I made a lot of styles, from CYBERPUNK to goa and nintendo influenced music, probably the next album will be folk music HAha

Q: Why did you start making your music and when did you start?

A: I guess I didn't have anything better to do... no but I've been in couple of bands at age 15-16 doing metal stuff and making shows in some of the biggest clubs around (roxen), after the scene died out the natural was to start doing electronic music!!??(as a keyboard player that is)

Q: What music and what artists do you like? And what artists / music has inspired you to start making the music you make?

A: I like most film music (I have at last dvd for that shit:) it's just better! then any music style exist right now(what to compare..house,club, trance... no thanks in our scene i like most a project called DUBBLE DRAGON... (the hi hat work-too much:) music that influenced me is like- juno reactor (no it's not possible:) skinny puppy (no shit;) infected mushroom (now that is not true hehe) and more..

Q: How do you feel about Witchcraft compared to Psychotoons? do you prefer one album in front of the other?

A: Good Q,well I don't think you can compare between an old Mustang (65) and a brand new Ferrari,different world no? like those two albums they have different style, different atmosphere ,different purpose, hope the ppl will understand that

Q: I felt Psychotoons being more for the dancefloor, is that something you agree with or what do you think? Was it hard to meet the expectations from the audience because of the first album which was very good?

A: Yes ,I tried to make this cd more dancable than Witchcraft but I think/remember when i played for instance Shockwave back in 97 I saw panic on the dancefloor... expectations? Didn't got any:(

Q: How long did it take to produce both albums?

A: It took me about 3 years minus the playstation sessions and the searching of my haski dog (fucking mouse) every day it run away,ah i forgot the feeding sessions of the piranhas fish(9)

Q: Both albums are very good, but what made you change your style from Witchcraft to Psychotoons and are you happy with the results?

A: The drugs ! My drug now is the playstation (try it & you'll never stop!) and yes i'm happy from the reactions i get (from the normal ppl!!), but i do think that the witchcraft days (album) are over ,ppl just don't bother understanding this music (janer)

Q: Which is your favourite song and why? Choose one from yourself and maybe one from another artists.

A: One of my fav is-NATURAL BORN KILLER. TIP, wonder if the new psy generation even heard music from that year... other artists -juno reactor:HAHALILIM or all the tracks of them between the 1st and the 2nd album

Q: Which is your favourite album and why? Choose one from yourself and maybe one from another artists.

A: I like what we made in the old band i've been with ORPHAND-LAND:sahara and definetly juno reactor:1st & 2nd albums

Q: What are your future projects?

A: I and Chakra planing an album together (as Witchcraft!!) also a full on project will be released soon on Hommega recs and a crazy 3rd cd from Sandman (back to metal)

Q: When do you think psy trance was at its peak? Is it now or was it many years ago? And why do you think so?

A: Now nnnnow nnow now now NO! psy trance was at its peak some year ago when we still bean inventing this shit, when every track was like a GALGAL SHINAYIM (the componant inside the clock :)) today...forget about it ...

Q: How do you think psy trance will develop from now on?

A: Full on will still be full on ,psytrance from europe will stay like that ,but every new talented act will come along and will bring his version of the store

Q: How did you come up with your name (Sandman)?

A: I had many names before,at present: Witchcraft ,Green house effect, Resistance activity and Sandman. I like the store behind this name (go the sleep and qyzer soza will come to you ,ohhh sorry sandman will come to you HEhe:)

Q: Is there any artists that u would really like to work with?

A: Really !would be Juno reactor !! But on the ground would be this Dubble dragon group

Q: What do you do except from making and playing music?

A: Nothing much..I try to focus on the art life (dont want to make pahzaniyot (like donuts) again hehe btw: i have an ALASKAN MALAMUTES puppies soon !! anyone wants?

Q: What's your musical background from earlier years when not creating this kind of music?

A: I've been learning music when i was at age 7 for like 1/2 a year and stopped that cause of boredom after that i was a freelancer :) a film composing sounds charming for me too, mmmmm

Thanks alot Izik, bye!

You're welcome, bye!