Artist: Quadra

mars

Artist: Quadra (Ido Liran)

Date: 05-12-00

By: Anoebis

Q: Hey Quadra, How, Why & When did you start with producing music??

A: Hi Anoebis!! I started producing music back in 1996. It was the time when I started becoming interested in Trance music and I wanted to know where all these sounds come from. I was always into creating music but I never had an urge to do it until I heard Trance. So I started writing music on a general MIDI Yamaha keyboard and I though that it was something that I can do. So slowly, I decided that I want to get more into it and I started buying "professional" (whatever that means) equipment.

Q: Why do you make Goa-Trance???

A: I started writing this kind of music because I like it a lot. The other reason is because I can be a lot more creative and not be limited to structure and form in this style of music.

Q: What do you think of the Goa-scene at the moment??

A: The "Goa"/psychedelic scene is very different today than when I first got into it. Personally I think that it has lost something but trance parties are still good and still (for the most part) carry the original idea. But as long as there are still people out there who are appreciate good music and continue to support the scene, I am happy.

Q: Is there a big difference between the Goa-scene and parties in Europe/Israel and America??

A: Trance parties are always different in every part of the world. I think that culture has a very big contribution toward the party and music style played. You can defiently see how the crowd varies from one culture to another by the way they dance, socialize, etc. No culture can be classified as better, they are just different. You can even feel the difference in parties in different states and cities inside of the United States.

Q: How do you think Psy-trance will develop from now on?

A: I think that psy-trance will continue its original mission - To introduce new ideas and new sounds to electronic music. That's why this style of music is continuously evolving and heading out into new directions.

Q: How would you describe Goa-Trance??

A: I think that a more appropriate term for Goa Trance is Experimental Trance. Only in this style of music we can introduce new ideas, modify structure and go off as we please without being restricted by the "traditional" music form. Open mindedness and creativity are the most important elements associated with this music.

Q: Because Boom! Released your album "Digital Stimulant" a few weeks ago you had to play live and you had to DJ, do you also like it or is producing more fun?

A: I like DJing and playing live but I like producing more. I started DJing only after I started producing. I don't think that I'd get into DJing if I hadn't been producing

Q: Where do you get your inspiration??

A: I can't say exactly where I get inspired but it's probably a mixture of everything that is happening in my life along with good parties and good music. Besides electronic music, I listen to a lot of classical, mostly Beethoven and Mozart. So maybe there's influence there too?

Q: What is your favorite track that you've created??.

A: My favorite track hasn't been created yet. =) Stay tooned!!

Q: What's your favorite Goa Group, Album, Top 5 Goa Tracks?

A: The truth is that I haven't heard a lot of new tracks lately. But my favorite trance artists are Hallucinogen, X-Dream, KoxBox and a few others. I like alot of the stuff coming out of Flying Rhino.

Q: What kind of equipment do you use??

A: Some analog, others... digital and an Intel inside =)

Q: You've made one of the most intelligent and complicated albums I've ever heard, how long did it take to make your album??

A: Thank you very much! This really means a lot to me! I worked on this album for about four months.

Q: What are your future projects??

A: My future projects include more psychedelic trance and other styles of music as well.

Thanks a lot from all the Goa people community, and give us more great stuff as soon as you can ;-)!!

Thanks to you all for making this happen and for giving great inspiration. I hope you enjoy my music as much as I enjoy making it for you. Look for more stuff SOON!!! =) Take care of yourselves and party SMART! Bye bye.