Label: Kagdila Records

Insejn

Label: Kagdila Records

Date: 07-21-02

By: Mars

Q: How & when did your Kagdila adventure start and where are you based ?

A: Kagdila was born on January 05th 2000, i'm located in Los Angeles, California USA

Q: How did you choose the name Kagdila?

A: You know it is funny how i came to that name, but in the end it's cool, i beileve you know or who ever will read that review of course know the cd "Trust in Trance vol.2" track no.1 of Astral Projection which is called "Mahadeva". If you guys listen realy good you are not going to listen "Mahadeva" but im sure you will hear "Kagdila" this is how i came to the name of my label :) It is funny.

Q: Could you describe us the style of trance you want to favour to be released under your label? Do you favour a particular country in the musical orientation of your label?

A: My label will keep going on full on psy-trance and psy-ambient. The far east like very much what i put out in the past, but now with Droidlock all over the world like it very much, i got alot of e-mails from diffrent countries in the world which said go on Kagdila, Droidlock didn't desapoint anybody.

Q: Could you give us a general survey of the main artists who currently release stuff under your label?

A: Until now i do have 10 releases which they are: 1. Droidlock - High Phonic

2. Frequency Deluxe - which is coming up soon (it is 2 new guys plus Shanti, a member of GMS)

3. Space Buddha - Eternity Project

4. Digital Karma - Hyper Sound

5. Virtual Trance 2 - Digital Alchemy (it is a compilation with artists like : Infected Mushroom, Talamasca, Xerox, BLT, GMS and etc....)

6. Spiritual Moves 3 - Acid Germs (it is a compilation with artists like : Skazi, BLT, Makalin and others)

7. Cosmic evolution (it is a compilation with artists like : Skazi, Delirious and again etc....)

8. Chillum (it is an ambient compilation with artists like : Seb Taylor, Angel Tears, Pier Cloud, Non Fiction and the rest that all we know)

9. Analog Reflections 2 (it is a compilation also with artist like : Skazi, Soma Coma, Delirious)

10. Delirious - Tales From the Unknown (it is the actual album of Delirious)

After frequency deluxe are going to come some compilations. I'm working on them now, and also an artist album.

Q: How do you see the future & growth of your label? What new records will you release?

A: Right now i am a young label but very soon i am seeing my self to be come a realy serious label who will be working with big artists and with big label that will do a share of release together. As i said there is an up-coming release not so far "Frequency Deluxe", and after that a new compilation.

Q: What artists would you like to work with?

A: It will be nice to work with "Alien Project, Talamasca, Absolum, Dimitri, Deedrah, Total Eclipse, Etnica, Joti Sidhu, Dino Psaras, GMS, and of course with new talents that i can give a chance, so you can contact kagdilarecords@hotmail.com and ask for Shu-ki.

Q: Is there another particular label you appreciate a lot for its musical orientation?

A: Yep it is TIP, 3D Vision, Out Of Orion, Moon Spirits, Boom Records, SpiritZone, Phonokol, Creamcrop, Acidance, Databass, Twisted, Etnicanet, Avatar and Kagdila :)

Q: Do you organize parties with your label?

A: I did one on october 13th 2001 and now i'm planning to do another one on summer 2003 with all Etnicanet crew here in USA.

Q: Are you used to DJ in some parties? If so, what kind of stuff do you play in these parties?

A: Yep i am a DJ. Well i do love the old goa trance and i'm used to playing alot even when the music change. I'm used to playing old goa sound and people would go nuts, i would play stuff like old Asia 2001, old Etnica , old Boris Blenn and all the israeli melody stuff which take you to another planet. But i changed my style a bit to stuff like GMS, Alien Project, Talamasca, 3d Vision guys, more french style and it is going off also.

Q: What do you think about the psy-trance scene globally? How do you think it's evolving?

A: Well it is a really small scene that should be grow more. I think there is alot of jealousy. Instead of helping each other people destroy : When a label just starts for example, and there is alot of competion between shops, distributions, even between labels, each one speak bad on each other, i dont think it should be like that at all.

It is evolving with the music, it is better than it was, it got better with price for cd's, better parties, got more distribution, shops, labels with good music, but same people same scene. hopefully the people will change, i'm not talking about personal people im talking about all the business in that scene, it should be better. Then it will be better scene.

Q: Finally, do have anything else you'd like to say?

A: Thanks for all who support kagdila and hopefully kagdila will put nice releases so people can be happy, and i hope i can make all people happy with my service and with my releases, alot of good stuff on the way.