Artist: Yumade

DeathPosture

Made on 05-02-02 with Pea by MK Chong

1) I liked the pic of you guys chasing cows on your last album. How did that come about ?

We were in country side e few years ago, we had a special night and the next day,we started by some "physical training", like running after cows for hours......

2) What are your thoughts about your debut album (Danz Ego) ?

We are proud of that album but I think many peoples were expecting something different, and I think the "Danz ego" released too long time after production. Anyway this album was like an introduction to what we do now, a mix between techno beats and trancey feeling.

3) How does this next one (Klanguage) differ ?

The quality of the production is really better, and we tried to build the album like a dancin' journey including many different grooves and atmospheres, using also our mainstream influences..... The album is mainly dance-floor orientated but not full-on.

4) What artists do you like to listen to ?

I like a lot Igneous Sauria (chris from Magus) who is doing a remix for us, synchro too ; Also some productions from the northern label like spiral trax,mpxdq and Creamcrop whitch is our closer connection. I like also what is doing the label Mutekki in Germany. Honnestly,I have not so much time to search and listen all the music.....

5) What do u like to listen to at home ?

I'm mostly listening down tempo electro tracks, as well as tek-house productions, what I'm also producing also under the project name "yuksek".

6) Over the years the style of music that the act "Yumade" has produced has changed considerably, in what direction do you see your music heading in ?

I think music is what the people are feeling with, for me the main difference is the quality of production and the speed of the tracks, it's going for sure more techno but we feel the same when we are writting music from the begining.....

7) What do You use to make your music? hardware, software ?

we are using all that the technology is offering to home-studio! We use some synths (prophecy,ms10,juno106....) and mostly samplers ,digital/analog effects and audio software editing, we are not using too much virtual synthesizers at the moment......

8) What are you doing in life except creating the "Yumade" project ?

I am involved in the label DATABASS music, new french label building the connection between our own projects(yumade ,tripiatrik, snug as a bug/face) and someother projects (paps,dardan,kent,dhya), showing the french techno-trance sound. Appart of it we are playing tennis and also releasing tek/house and down tempo tracks under the name"yuksek" on hypnotic music(fafa monteco),french house label.

9) Where can people get hold of releases by your side-project "Yuksek" ?

At the moment,the first EP is out everywhere since the 25 of march. It's called Yuksek "Friendship salad " Ep and it's worldwide distributed by Cyber production. One track is also releasing on the Hypnotic compilation coming in May....... and I made a remix from a monteco's track for that compilation.

10) Fafa Monteco, I'm surprised to hear you mention his name - he has released some wicked tunes of late, what can you tell us about Fafa ?

first of all fafa is a well known dj and he's playing all the time, and the labels take the rest of its time. But he is now starting to work on his first solo album whitch gonna release at the end of the year. Since the "save our soul " Ep ,nothing released under this name. Superfunk was also a huge commercial success.

11) How did you get involved with Hypnotic Music ? Do they have a web-address they can be viewed at ?

I completly freaked out on 2 maxis from his label, And his office and home is 200 meters from where my girlfriend lives in Paris, so I decided to contact him and let him listen my tunes..... then it comes..... www.hypnotic-music.com

12) Do you have any tips for beginners who DJ or make music ?

Try to do something you really like, not listening to people critisising what you do, because nobody is really honnest in critics..... either good or bad!

13) Thanks a lot & keep up the good work !