Artist: Yahel

DeathPosture

Made on 12-11-00 with Yahel Sherman by Children

1) How and when did you start to make Goa ?

I have been listening to Psy trance since its begining (1990). My first "official" release was "La Esperanza" on Full On 3.

2) Do you project to release a new album ? When would you release it ?

I have no doubt that I will make more albums, but for now I concentrate on promoting my latest album - "Waves Of Sound" and doing Live gigs in Israel and world wide.

3) Which of your own tracks (or in collaboration with another artist) do you like the best ?

My greatest track is "For The People" which I made together with Erez Aizen(Infected Mushroom). Other then that I love all my music although I know not all of it is considered "Goa" or Psychedelic.

4) Your favourite psychedelic Groups & Albums ?

Martin Freeland (MWNN), Infected Mushroom, Izik Levy (Sandman/Green House Effect), Xerox, Paul Van Dyk.

5) Where does your inspiration come from ?

My inspiration comes from the people. I try to make my music as pleasant as possible because I believe that today the music and the scene has changed. People want to enjoy music more then fight it.

6) What kind of equipment do you use to make your Tracks ?

I don't have a lot of equipment. I work a lot with Audio programs + Virus, Yamaha CS-1, Multi Effect DP-4, Beringer Monitors, Neve console(2 slides).

7) Future projects ?

I am now working on a remix for Witchcraft's "Eastern Rain" together with it's original performer - Izik Levy. It will be featured on the new Green House Effect album. I made some Deep Trance tracks that will be out on leading European labels of club music. I also just released a new CD single on HOMmega by the name of Sound & Melody ep.

8) Is there any artist you'd like to work with ?

Well from Israel I always wanted to make tracks with Erez Aizen and Izik Levy and I guess this dream of mine has fulfilled itself. From Europe I would love to make a collaboration with Martin Freeland and Paul Van Dyk.

9) Do you play DJ sets ? If so, what kind of stuff do you play as DJ in parties ?

Yes, I DJ a lot in Israel and all around the world(U.S.A, UK, Japan, Switzerland, Hungary, Greece...) In my sets I play a lot of my stuff combined with tracks from the likes of Infected Mushroom and Xerox. I also play successful tracks of Quirk, Purple & Lunar, Tarsis, Cosmosis, Space Cat... I also tend to mix in a lot of commercial/electronic main stream tunes in my set.

10) When & where was your best party ?

Switzerland & Japan were my best parties so far.

11) What do you think about the evolution of psytrance in the last years (in Israel as well as in Europe). Have things gotten better/worse according to you?

I think that the music is going back to it's roots. It's recycling. It seems that every generation wants to enjoy the same music but with modern standards and an updated sound production.

13) Thanks a lot !