Artist: Neuromotor / ESXS

mars

Artist: Neuromotor / ESXS (Fred Talaa)

Date: 02-10-03

By: Mars

Intro : Well some people think you are one guy, others think you are two, some think you are french, others spanish, some think you lived in Gwadloop, others in Ibiza...argh !

Q: So Who are you ? Where do you come from ?

A: First of all i m alone for most of my project execpt the Crazy Lion's Cult (with Gill of Hyper Frequencies ) and Master Mind (with Jean Luc of Psyside), my name is Talaa Frederick and i'm from France. Well actually i live in barcelona where my heart as been caught.

Q: What have you done before being Nuromotor/E.S.X.S ?

A: Many things ,but concerning the music, i ran a band of hip hop when i was 13/15we were playing in the center of france .then when i got 16 i lived in paris and i discovered the boy's club so my first encounter with acid house ,well i was quite closed to altrenativ music like joy division or syster of mercy, cure , depeche mode bahauss, front line assembly and some kind of electronic music also. as far as i remember i was listenning some pink floyd , krafwrek, tangerine dream, autrek... so i keep follow this road to techno and i built my life all over it (partys,clothes where i was working......)few years after i left france to go in the carribeen seen there also some guys were involve inside the electronic scene and promoting the first party there really trance ....so as it should be i failled into it and trance begin to be my way of life. Starting deejaying in the some party that i ve done i went to ibiza for about 6/7 month then i became the resedent dj of a bar called the Khumharas in San Antonio,and the end of 1999 i built up a studio came back to France and started Neuromotor.

Q: And now what are you doing in life except making music ?

A: Well, actually i m running a label with my wife, called Mechanik Sound Records in Cataluna (Barcelona), and managing one other in France . Really i don t have too much time to spend it in some others activities, u know spinning around the world , live act, producing music, the label and trying to be as most as possible available for my wife and my family.....

Q: Were you helped by any other artist to start ?

A: No never, i started by myself and until today i never had this oportunity. i'd like to work with some of those guys well now we were talking with skazi to to do something together,and also xerox that i've met in japan ....i have some side project which include other producers like Crazy Lion's Cult with Hyper Frequencies...we are talking also with Samy from Biodegradable to hang together to do something, for sure we ll do it. Just need some time.

Q: How would you describe your style ? powerful ? somewhat aggressive ? why Where does the inspiration come from when building a track ?

A: I think u just mention it ...it is a kind of agressive and somehow very tribal, very. I think it is really me u know like my caractere and my way of life. The inspiration comes out with my living of all the days but most of it from my wife Gemma, our love is for me an amazing source of inspiration .

Q: What equipment do you use ? Has it and/or the way you're working changed with the years ?

A: Well now i just bought some new gears like Andromeda Alesis, Eventide Eclipse, a Charisma (it is like a tape machine) and a mono channel/compressor/tube spl. And i already have a Korg Triton, Nordlead 2, JP 8080, o1v Yamaha, 2 macintosh (733 and Titanium for the live) Motu 828, Dynaudio Bm6 for monitoring, and Logic Audio user with full virtual sinth. For sure now i can feel a bit of evolution , and the sound comming now has changed. It is more mature i guess and i have a more proper sound.

Q: You have released 2 albums in a row under 2 different names. Do you think there is such a difference of style ?

A: Well i think about Neuromotor and Plastyk Elephant are both very agressive but that the Neuromotor Album it is more strict and somehow more techno, Plastyk Elephant it is more acid and more psychedelik, but for sur both of them are really Mr Talaa Frederick

Q: Any other Neuro/Esxs album planned ? Any other projects ?

A: E.S.X.S album should be out next year, well i want to take time for this one. As for Crazy Lion's Cult, we are working on the release but it takes time cause we are not living in same place, One in Lyon and me in Barcelona ...

Q: Would you like to make tracks with some other artists ?

A: Yes, my favourites are Hyper Frequencies, Silicon Sound, Biodegradable, Psychaos, Skazi, Kox-Box, Xerox, Parasense, Hux Flux, Logic Bomb, Joujouka. One of them is alredy done (Hyper Frequencies), some others are planed like Skazi, Silicon Sound, Biodegradable maybe Psychaos ...i m very exiting about it ,and very curious too.

Q: Now you're going all over the world, When & where was your best party ? And your worst one ?

A: I think my best one was in Brasil, Ypi Poti : the promoters were so professionnal and the party was really magic, i felt like in an old one 6 years ago u know this energy and this sensation that everyone is connected though the music. People, the deco, the place, the music, kind of harmony. My worst....yes one in canada 1 year and half ago...no way, i don't even think that i need to talk about that time.

Q: What do you think of the Psy-scene at the moment?

A: I'm quite confident on it, and happy cause it is so various, i mean the music, u can find everything u want to ear. If u want some kind of hard and strong tunes to blast your mind until the most deepest melody and trancy rythms, pass by some really killer groovy housy tunes, well i think thru all those years we have achieved a very high level of production. I just hope that we ll try to keep this energy we had in the partys. After all those gigs where i played sometime this is the only thing that i'm afraid of....

Q: And what do you feel when you see people totally freak out to your music?

A: I always feel surprised...and so happy too that people can like my music, i never understand this. I'm so unsecure on that point.

Q: As a DJ, what are your current favourite groups and tracks ?

A: Hyper Frequencies with some Killer Tunes : Alien Fashion or Fire Storm . CPU with Begin Japan Rmx and defenetly Xenomorph wich is a really killer producer, very precise. Also Hux Flux, Parasense, Skazi, Silicon Sound.

Q: As of today, what is your favourite Neuro/Esxs track ?

A: For neuromotor it is a new one called truck driver released on a japanese compilation, and for E.S.X.S, the bloody sword cause of my wife.

Q: What do you think of the MP3 revolution, and what do you think of people trading them without buying the stuff ?

A: It is a real problem, i mean OK, it offers us a big promotion, but the cd industry keeps seling less...so we are one the first to suffer for that...well i don t have any solution to give, it is a whole system that doesn t work so u know...

Q: If you know Etnica, do you think it is possible for us to get an interview with them, and if yes, do you think it could be before 2024 ?

A: No i don't know them.

Thanks very much and we wish you good luck for the future !

You can have more infos about Neuromotor / ESXS at http://www.mechaniksound.com !

Posted Image