Label: Medium

mars

Label: Medium

Date: 11-12-00

By: Mindbender

Q: Tell us of the beginning of Medium Records? What made you establish a record company and how did the beginning go?

A: At the first i start to be a DJ after a some time Important Records ask me if I like to create a Label and i did it (Full Moon Production.) But i had my problems with this Company and so i sayed it is better to do it by yourself And so it did it. In the beginning it was hard There was not to much money and Artists but i had a good name as Dj and so the Artists below in my Words and so we start with the Compilation Goodfellas

Q: How did you choose the name Medium?

A: I think the Music is the main Medium to get on a Party into Trance. So every Track on our Label is a Medium to give the People what they are looking for.

Q: Could you give us a short history of your label?

A: Medium is founded 1999 from me and my Partner Thomas We found us on a Party here in this Area where he made the Backline and the Soundsysthem. We had from the first moment a good Time and so we become to be Friends. From there we did together Medium and it goes well

Q: How would you describe the music that you release?

A: We release the hole Spectrum of our Trancemusik You find on our releases from Ambient to progressive and psychedelic Trance every style of our Music. So every CD or Vinyl is a suprise and you will never no what is on it We try to do our best that you can listen to the Music at home or on a Party and we are everytime open for something new

Q: What artists does Medium work with? Any upcoming, never heard, killer artists?

A: We work with a lot of DJs and Artists About my worke as DJ wold wide i know a lot of people and everybody like to worke with us We had releases with :Man with no Name , Atmos , Tim Schuldt ,Johann Bley, Noma , Andreas Krüger (Der dritte Raum) and a lot more Check our releases under www.medium-records.de We will have some killer next year with the Bitmonx and Auricular for sure.

Q: How do you see the future of your label? What new records are you releasing?

A: I dont know our future but this moment it looks very good for us We try to do our best that we like to be a good Label with some good Music not only made for the Partys it have to be Music for everytime in your Life The next releases are:

Mahasuka

Vibration 3

Elevator

Bitmonx and Haldolium

Bitmonx Album

and a Compilation from our DJ Sascha

Q: What will be your style of music in the future? The same as before or not?

A: It is very important that a Label is open for the future and the Music of this. We like to stay in trance from the hard night into the Morning Glory But we will see where our Music is going. In the end the people on the Partys have to show me what they like to heare in the future

Q: What artists would you like to work with?

A: I worked with the most of Artists of our Music and it is not important that the Artist is famous. So i like to worke with everybody when the Production is perfect and nice.We like to give everybody achance so long the music is made for the floor and the people at home.

Q: How about your growth? Has Medium grown and what do you think about it?

A: Yes inside of 16 month we came bigger as i hoped and this is a good feeling when you do worke like this it is very important that you know that there are some people in the world who like your music. and when there are comming more and more then it is like a dream

Q: What other labels do you appreciate?

A: I have no special label and i like to listen to every record witch i find but for sure Spirit Zone,Aurinco , Free Form, and Flying Rhino did a good work

Q: What are your favourite records and artists?

A: Man with no Name is my favorite artist and in this Moment is our new Vibration my best record.

Q: You're also a DJ. What type of music do you play? Do you anything else to say about DJ'ing?

A: DJing is a hard work for sure and you have to be very mental at your worke Iam open for every style and i take o look on the Dancefloor and i hope everytime that i find the right music for the right time. In the End it is trance music in every style

Q: Does Medium arrange parties? If you do, how have they been and which was the best one?

A: We have a lot of promotor who like to do labelpartys with us they rent our deko and soundsysthem and we make the line up but we do no partys by ourself and i thing every party what they made with us was the best.

Q: Tell us about the best party you've been to?

A: The best was for sure the japan partys the people are crazy and open for every style of our music the city (tokyo) is like a hit in your face and all in all it is everytime a Advanture.

Q: How about the worst one?

A: i thing it was here in germany there was not enough people and the promotor and all workers runs away with the money in the end we was alone there it was a shame for everybody. we never saw some money and the people who payed for this party standing on the floor, with tears in there eyes it was a nightmare

Q: What do you think about the psy-trance scene globally? Should psy-trance become more popular or is it better underground?

A: The hard psy-trance will be for sure made for the underground but there are some bands like Element and iam sure they will find a way to be popular. And this will be good for our Music

Q: What do you think about the musical evolution of psy-trance itself?

A: Psy-Trance by himself has no more evolution but a lot of artists create from this Music a new style like progressive or elastic trance. This is very important for our music here is the way to go from the Underground into the Overground. Psy-Trance by himself is made for a small part of people in ths world but it is to hard for a lot of people so it is and have to be a special kind of music for special people

Q: Do you have any advice to those, like me, who dream of setting up their own label some day? Or practical advice to those who are already in the process or even just got the company set up?

A: Belive in your work.

Be fair to your Artists

Check your Money before you start

Be open for different music also when you dont like it but the people on the floor like it.

Give your music to some good Djs before you release it and take a look on the floor if the people like it.

Make a good Cover it is more important as you know

Good Luck

Q: Finally, do have anything you'd like to say to the Medium fans out there?

A: I hope we have some fans and i like to say thank you to everybody and when you see me everywhere in this world speak to me and tell me when we do something wrong.

Save our music

Copy kills our music

Thanks a lot for this interview.

Thank you and i hope we see us again Helsinki was a good Party and the people are very good, big thanks to Peter the Promotor of this Party his worke was perfect I had some good days in my Life

You can have more infos about Medium label at http://www.medium-records.de !