Artist: Aureole

Insejn

Artist: Aureole (Ivana Aleksandrovic)

Date: 01-25-03

By: Implant

Q: Introduce Yourself to our visitors?

A: I come from a small place in Serbia, but now I live in Belgrade.

Q: Tell us something about your musical background? What kind of music you listen and like beside trance?

A: I'm into music since i was 6 and i'm on college right now.

Deeply rooted culture and deep roots of classical music were always a weight and a limiter. But when I was about 14 I started to experiment. I don't listen to Classical music...very litle nowdays. It don't moves me enough, but I can say that I don't listen trance neither. Trance has become somehow...not, what it was before. I listen to D'n'B, electro, ambient and very oftenly ethno music.

Q: How you decided to start making trance music?

A: Long time ago...I was totaly impressed by the effect trance had on masses and with the energy coming out of parties. I wanted to be part of all that...and i wasn't feeling fulfilled any more with only listening. Btw. i'm annoyed with passivity. And after that, beside partying we started to make music, me and my big friend Alexandar.

Q: Where does your inspiration come from?

A: I simply sit down to work...and the stuff i create moves me forward and gives me ideas.

Q: How do You build up a track?

A: I often start with a single idea and that thing leads me to a completely another direction. On the end it happens to be something I least expected.

Very oftenly I make a sample which I can't addore and it's totally not fitting...

And guess what? I use it. I'm always working from the scratch. Basics for my work are bass line and kick. After that I build forward.

Q: You recently have released your first LP, called "Oreol" on "Bazooka12" (Cosmophilia's sub-label). Describe it to us. What kind of psy-trance is it?

A: I definitely can't declare it. Tracks are made at '99 but i haven't send them to noone. I was waiting for something. Back than it was some deep-trance on two tracks and two were softly melodic with my vocal on them.

Q: What kind of equipment do you use?

A: I work only on PC. I'm using microphone and oftenly recording various samples. A bunch of software too...

Q: What are your future plans? Any collaborations?

A: Just working...nothing special. I let things to go with their own flow. Just like the music I make.

Q: Would you like to make tracks with some particular artists?

A: No. I like to create by myself. Maybe if there's some girl...men have these anoying characteristics which iritate me when we work.

Q: What do you think of the Psy-scene at the moment?

A: I'm dissapointed...but, I must say that I don't follow it enough.

Q: As an artist from Serbia, is it harder for You to make it big on trance scene? Or do you think that only quality counts?

A: Quality above everything. (As an artist from Serbia...)...It's related only with success in your own country. Serbia is a very specific place, in both, positive and negative context. And...after all anyone can send their promo cd and be successfull.

Thank you very much!

Posted Image

Posted Image