Great Years in Trance???

Guest Jikkenteki

Here is an interesting no right or wrong answer question. Today I finally got my dirty hands on X-Dream - Radio and Joujouka - Joujouka on vinyl and while I was spinning them I happened to notice both of these great albums came out in 1998. I started thinking about other great records that came out that year... Are You Shpongled?, Celtic Cross, Jaia - Blue Energy, etc... 98 was also the year I more or less finally decided that trance was where my heart was so for me personally 1998 stands out as a great year for trance. How about everyone else? What stands out as your favorite year in trance to date either musically, personally, etc....

Guest Mike D

Every year there are at least to or three absoluteltlyamzing albums and or compialtions, a lot of good ones and a fair few dodge ones. I think though that 1996-1998 were the years that really made the psy scene an explosion of osund and fun and enlightenemnt,and thneit kinda just plodedalong wi htout expanindg much again. I have the feeling that very soon a big change is coming, that we will see a group from no where do to the scene what X-Dream did with the Radio album, re-invent the psytrance experience and start it all over again

Bah, newcomers ;-D

95-96 are my favourites I think. But then again thats when I was fairly new to this stuff (started listening to psy/goa in 94) and it seems that the first years are the best for everyone, which makes sense I guess.

I was very short on money 97-98 and didn't buy much... and since a lot of labels had distribution problems back then there wasn't as much released either. Thats why I think those years were fairly dull, although there were ofcourse good stuff released too.

Guest Jikkenteki

Actually I had been listening to goa/psy on and off since 93 when I got a Nova Mutt comp with Juno Reactor, Doof, etc on it so I was aware of the sound for a long time before 98 (although I didn't realize that it was called goa then, it was just this cool stuff I found every so ofen). But being in a musically deprived part of the US helped prevent my total converstion until 98 when I moved to Japan for school

Guest Shidapu

Well....1997 and 1998 are THE years....but 1997? WOW! IFO, The Lone Deranger, Transdimensional, Rock Bitch Mafia, New Kind of World....1997 was really THE year! But 1998 with Blue Energy, Radio, Saturation....was also a great year in the psy trance scene.

PLUR