annodalleb – dAATh (negative3)

traveller

Posted Image

artist: annodalleb (prophei and cyrusrex)

album: dAATh

label: negative3

cat: n300301

tracklist:

01 dAATh (8fm Liar Mix) 06:32

02 EevllFl (Digitalis Evil Breaks Mix) 06:34

03 dAATh 05:23

04 EevllFl (T.D.I. Remix) 05:29

05 War (Hallucinogen Remix) 06:44

06 dAATh (ManMadeMan New Creation) 06:24

07 EevllFl (Otto Von Schirach's Spit Flavored Urine Mix) 04:01

08 dAATh (prophei prof eyelaktik troll slarver mix) 07:07

09 EevllFl 05:35

10 malk00th 05:31

11 Hidden track 01:12

???

If you’re a true orthodox St. Posford follower track number 5 is reason enough to get this album. If this is not enough - you’ll burn in hell fool! However I strongly advice you to listen to a few selected heavenly samples at annodalleb’s myspace site. Now if you get interested you can also click here and here for some unreleased annodalleb tracks from 2001. And there you have it! Rather good picture of what to expect from this album. It’s some sort of a blend between weird sounds and demonic voices and yes there’s a little pie in between too. As you see the artwork is pretty cool as well.

Musica annodallebica ???

The word “dAATh” appears 11 times on the whole package. As you see it appears 4 times on the tracklist. 4 divided by 11 is 0,3636363636… I’m sure there’s a reason for this.

The album starts with Eight Frozen Modules’ Liar Mix of “dAATh”. The beginning shall be machine like. Genre? I have no idea, but my guess is that this falls under IDM noir. It’s perhaps not the most exciting piece of music ever written but it certainly is different.

Next up is Digitalis’ (Seb Taylor of Shakta, Angel Tears..) evil breaks mix of ”EevllFl”. This reminds me a little of Brothomstates’ remix of Shpongle’s ”Star Shpongled Banner”. So yeah there are breaks and heavy bass and all that. There are some disturbed and err.. raw vocals too. As the album goes on you’ll get rather used to them “..you’re reborn!”

Now we get the original version of the album title track - ”dAATh”. It’s the 3rd track on the album. Coincidence? I think not! The beginning is somewhat disturbed. My poor little subwoofer “huutaa leipää” and is therefore on its knees. Now as the vocals enter, in a way it all reminds of Metallica. Well anyways it’s nice and err demonic perhaps? I think all the “dark killargh” artists should take some notes here. This makes your music sound like pink fluffy baby elephants! Soon we go into a gloomy soundscape thingy. At the background there’s some snarling going on. I hear this is the track of the year at the gate of the Christian hell!

So it’s time for The Devils Interval remix of ”EevllFl”. Breaks? Yes. Weird sounds? Yes? Scary? Most certainly! The beat is very basic. Eh I don’t know what to say really, other than that there’s a flock or two of raw power to this track. It’s very nice to dance to this in your own privacy :)

Once again St. Posford followers are about to feast on the holy communion. Here is yet another track to listen to while praying! ”War” is rather cool title too, no? We’re not given a chance to listen to the original version from annodalleb so a comparison cannot be made. Not that we don’t know which version is better ;) . So here we get a proper psytrance 4x4 thingy. “As marching silently, thru…”. His holiness cannot fail! Here we see how he masters the fine art of blending raw vocals to musica psycedelica. At the background there is the Posford trademark thingy going on. About halfway thru we start getting more pie. Pie pie pie. This is heavenly! :)

And so it’s time for the 3rd pietrance veteran to show his skillz. ManMadeMan has been pretty shit lately but no need to worry as here he succeeds! Here’s the proper pie version of ”dAATh”. The bassline is very dirty somehow. In a way this reminds me a little of Prometheus trademark sound. Cool vocoder work here too!

Spit Flavored Urine Mix. Otto Von Schirach sure came up with a beautiful title there! The music here is as beautiful as a gentle fist fuck. It’s almost as divine as incest! The beat is as strong as a horse cock! The beginning doesn’t promise much but about halfway thru it gets interesting. This is one of the more experimental tracks on the album, and considering they’re all somewhat experimental. Well you should have idea there what to expect. Well anyways this isn’t exactly my favourite tune one the album. At least not at the moment..

Seems like Prophei is responsible for the pie part of annodalleb as here with his version of ”dAATh” we have a very solid 4x4 thing going on. All sorts of weird clicks play the part of percussion. This is some of the finest pie from the wrong side of the Atlantic ocean. Clap clap clap

We’ve heard 3 versions of ”EevllFl” this far. Now it’s the time for the original. Well for one it seems like annodalleb hasn’t established one style that they follow as this seems to be rather different to ”dAATh”. Loads of fancy tricks here. Tricky, tricky I don’t know what to say :)

”Malk00th” is the last “official” track on the album. We go IDM again but this doesn’t resemble the previous originals at all. Here we have a rather chilled guitar. There’s some real singing too. This is a little like that last track on the last Violet Vision album. You know the one track that could actually get airplay. Not that this is similar to the Violet Vision track in any way. Just the idea..

?????????

So there you have it. I got this album today so I can’t really say stuff like “best drak killargh bassline ever demon psycodael” for as you know stuff like that takes time. The album has to grow on you. What to expect? Well I’ve only listened this thru 3 times now. The first time I had this feeling that some tracks are sort of like performed to you and in others you’re inside them. There are a ton of fancy tricks here that I’ve never heard before. Genre bending seems to be a very fashionable word these days so I should definitely mention that. Only this time the album actually is like that. Most reviewers out there just use the word because of the coolness factor. I’ll probably update my thoughts later on. One complaint I have is that this album is only 60 minutes and some seconds long. More than enough space for a few extra tracks there. Another complaint is that some minutes after receiving it I accidentally found out that some bastard has ripped the vinyl version. Not that I regret getting this. Kids remember, good music deserves to be bought.