Ableton Live/Operator with Reason/Cubase

Anyone familiar with Ableton Live and Operator connected to Reason? If so, could you describe the advantages and/or disadvantages over Reason alone (or ReWired to Cubase)?

Any specific opinions on the Operator synth?

i have all three

i only use cubase for production leave ableton to mix with and reason is sitting on the shelf

reason was good in the day to learn on . But i needed to progress so i bought cubase never looked back i sometimes start a track in ableton , get a groove going then move on to cubase

rewire its self is the same no matter what you use i like to use just one program but thats my opinion

my 2 cents

i have all three

i only use cubase for production leave ableton to mix with and reason is sitting on the shelf

reason was good in the day to learn on . But i needed to progress so i bought cubase never looked back i sometimes start a track in ableton , get a groove going then move on to cubase

rewire its self is the same no matter what you use i like to use just one program but thats my opinion

my 2 cents

506151[/snapback]

Thanks for the opinion. What sort of music do you write? Do you aim to perform live, or do you just create? And lastly, have you tried Operator? If so, what do you think, compared to the synths in Reason?

• 4 weeks later...

Reason has a lot of power, mainly because you can connect things together modularly. I personally get great sound from a Redrum kit and Subtractor bass (ducked with the kick) and eq'ed then master limited. This main out goes into Live so I have drums and bass as a separate package from Live. There's plenty of sounds to get out of Reason, I don't know why people say its only good for learning. There's so much I haven't touched yet, but you have to be prepared to patch modules together and 'think different' to get original sounds.

Operator doesn't light my fire, I would say that the same amount of money spent on Albino would be more useful.

Cheers,

B