Listen To Mars Or Leave

Guest stringtheory

I just got done reading the review of Planet B.E.N.: Silver, and it made me sick. I cannot believe the IMMATURITY that I read on some of those posts. I wish Mars would just start deleting posts off the reviews and the forums. And make the forum login so he could boot people out. I mean this site is getting absolutely ruined by prepubesant adolescent disrespectful children. They have no respect for the artists, no respect for the music, and certainly no respect for themselves or for anyone else for that matter. I thought that the people who loved this wonderful music were different. Open minded. Open to new thoughs and new ideas. I never would have thought there would be so many bullshit personal attacks as there are on the review page and on the forums. I mean this is not difficult people. Show respect. I cannot fathom why someone would get off on making fun of and disrespecting other people. This is a small genre of music. It needs to be supported. Not tore down. Moreover, there is enough hatred and bullshit in all of our every day lives....why bring that crap to this place ???? Please my friends, I implore you.....think before you post. Think about how the words you say affect other people. Try expressing an interesting though. Something intelligent, something thought out. This site is full of bright, cool, and intelligent people. Why not let that intelligence, and respect....be evident to all. Peace my friends :-)

Guest Elysium Project

No one is telling you what to do or how to do it alpha. All he is alsing is for people to think. I agree with you stringtheory.

Guest Tentwins

I agree with Stringtheory, let's show a little respect for everyone in this place.

There are too many assholes outside to come here and have to deal with more idiots and stupids comments.

Avoid violence and try to be intelligent in what you post. I'm not saying that everyone must agree on what it's posted.

Guest --==MiLeS==--

I am all for good reviews but come on, 75% of the reviews are honest and informative on that one...25% is crap indeed...A pretty good score compared to other reviewed albums.

Pretty good reviews by Syre, Tristan, Infinity500, Deathposture, ColKlink, Goagabba, Freak51 and Raist...Filter the redundant comments and you get a pretty adequate impression of the album I would say...

I agree, specially with the "intelligence" part, which IMO it could be the main defect in this culture. You see, most poeple in psy think and talk in an intelligent way and makes them feel as they were right, and that gives them the security to talk with absolutism and authority leaving no space to other alternatives to choose/think, just what "they" belive/think is right... but that's IMHO.

WTF???

v4K

Guest stringtheory

Alpha: The only people who can tell you what to do or not to do on this site are the site owners. Mars made it very clear about what is and is not allowed on this site. Don't you think people should respect their wishes ?? I am not trying to be mean. I have just seen so much hatred, rudeness, and general mean behavior on this site in the last month or two. I simply don't understand it. We all have to face so much bullshit in our daily lives. The world is a mean and cold place. Why bring that negativity to this place ?? That is all I am trying to say. Peace :-)

I just want to say that stringtheory and Elysium - you are soo conservative, and here that is not a positiv characteristic. It's actualy a bad one. You complain all the time and try to teach us how should we think. Go teach your own girls or children (poor beings).

Guest Freewhelin' Franklin

Maybe you could be our moderator StringTheory? ;)

No, but I actually agree to some extent, rudeness doesn't really help anything. However, people must be free to say their oppinion I guess.. And if you find some posts/reviews immature, maybe its because of a lack to express things better?

And I don't think that complaining about it will help you so much. Just ignore the posts you find annoying instead of replying to them. That is a more mature way to deal with it I recon.

Peace folks

Guest stringtheory

I see my points are lost on some people. So be it. I guess people will continue to go on being rude and disrespectfull...to the point were eventually they are going to completely ruin this site. And cause the owners to have to close the site down. And how sad would that be. This site is so great. It is the best place for people to get information about this wonderful music. The forums, reviews, and favorites sections are great. It really is a shame. But it is sort of fitting I guess. Our species always seems to work very hard at bringing the best things down, and ruining them.

Guest bugbread

Huh...I just don't get this idea that "no one should be able to tell other people what to do". Yeah, for the most part, that's a bad thing, but use your common sense.

For example:

Don't torture innocent children and cut their eyes out.

C'mon, me telling you not to torture children is not me being dictatorial or authoritarian, it is absolute common sense. In the same way, use the review section for reviews, not personal attacks. Seems straightforward to me. It doesn't matter who tells me to do it, because it's just so obvious. There's no issue of "open-mindedness" or "freedom" here. Being an asshole is, by definition, bad, just as being a bachelor means, by definition, that a person is not married. The review section is, by definition, for reviews, and it doesn't matter who says it, so I'll say it again so that Stringtheory isn't the only person being attacked for having common sense.

Don't write pointless crap in the review section. Write reviews.