PSYNEWS IS OFFLINE TODAY

IMPORTANT : you can access the site by going on http://www.psynews.net or http://goatrance.free.fr/index2.htm

next are technical explanations:

this service cut is normal and not normal at the same time.

actually we changed the registar of psynews (the org at which we bought the domaine name)

with that, we had to update the dns declarations....but i forgot and psynews.org was indeed transfered but the dns decl remained on the old registar....which cut definitely its service today

i did a redirection this morning with the new registar, but this new info has to be spread across the internet and it depends on the refresh rates of the dns servers across the world. in france it's still down at 11am CET.

this was for the normal part. the not normal part is that we were disconnected so quickly. usually there is a quite long period for that...and we got disconnected after only one week. maybe it's because the older registar wanted to cheat on us and make us pay the renewal of the name we had already paid to another registar and i ansered them to get fucked....hum hum.

well the redirection will work before tonight but it's still not clean (a transparent frame system) and meanwhile i'll be doing some tests to deal with a real good solution...

Guest phaeton

what i don't get is that obviously (correct me if i'm wrong) if you open goatrance.free.fr, you get redirected to psynews.org, which then again redirects you to goatrance.free.fr/index2.htm .. wouldn't it be better if the psynews.org thingie isn't that stable to keep the goatrance.free.fr url intact as an alternative for when psynews is down? 'cause i don't think many people will be able to remember the "/index2.htm" but many will still remember the plain old addy :)

this is no redirection the way you're thinking about.

goatrance.free.fr is the place where the pages are kept.

when you type it there is no redirection to psynews.org. as a matter of fact this is a reverse dns resolution remaining somewhere.

and depending on how your dns is being updated, either it does not find any page (old settings of the deleted zones on our former dns), or it redirects to goatrance.free.fr and its a vicious circle (this morning's stupid settings), or it works (this afternoon settings).

currently www.psynews.net IS functional, the forums too, but www.psynews.org is yet not ok..should be quite soon as i put the same settings on psynews.org as on the .net i was doind some tests on (which eventually worked better than my temporary solution...)

Guest phaeton

humm ok :) well i thought so because when i type in goatrance.free.fr it says "busy opening psynews.org", and when i'm on psynews.org all the pages are from the goatrance.free.fr site .. but i have absolutely no clue about any further technical stuff so i guess you're right ;) hope everything will turn out well soon!