The "Psycraft" album?

It is very original, it has a lot of 303 type effects, great guitar in two of the trax, tho used sparingly which is nice :-) It has a kind of theme thruout the entire album with the use of very nicely placed samples. If you want something new, original and very israeli ntie time then this is it! I hihgly reccomend it and would say it is cd of the year for me!

Guest Setsuko

nah...

gravitech sound lame...

israeli trance sucks these days IMO... it doesn't sound underground anymore, it sounds clubby...

there's only one isratrance artist i like and that is Green House Effect, yes... it also sounds clubby but then filled with emotions... this albums has feelings ...

Psycraft and BLT does not the same as GHE does to me...

Oh my god you guys are sad, not talent in Israel these days? Oh, then Infected mushroom must suck, and space cat, green house effect sounds like paul oakenfold, even more cheesey! Psycraft are a chilled out version of all that repetitive tekno shite with a bit more effort. Oh my god, Israel wipe most of the popular artists way out! Hello, they collaborated with Simon Posford for this album, so you all must really hat hallucinogen and shpongle to huh??

Psycraft rock, they are so young and talented, if you can't see the effort in this music then maybe you need your ears checked!

Guest Setsuko

/chill Mike D... no big deal... you say its's the best album of 2001 and think it's not that good... Psycraft is just lame to me... and GHE is cheese with an intelligent finishing touch ... IMO

Guest AtomikElf

hehehe.......helium....to buy or not to buy ¦)

i find myself in this same situation a lot when i try decide what to buy ¦)

cool vibes

"compassion"

Hang on, when is said exactly the same thing about Shpongle about two weeks ago, all you fuckers ripped me to fucking shreds, and now i get in $hit for doing it to? My god you guys are all hypocrits, you are so fucked up!

Hang on, when i said exactly the same thing about Shpongle about two weeks ago, all you fuckers ripped me to fucking shreds, and now i get in $hit for doing it to? My god you guys are all hypocrits, you are so fucked up!

mike, don't get so caught up in it all...

as setsuko said, you think its great, he doesn't like it much. I think its the emotion and language used in a post that usually gets on ppls nerves, not the opinion of the person.

If you generate a reasonable and friendly response to why you feel differently, ppl will not critisize you, but may actually take something from what you are trying to communicate. But if you get all huffy puffy and angy, noone will take you serious, and just blow you off.

As for my thoughts on gravitech, it is groovey as hell, one of the tracks, partial recall, is stunning and soooo happy, but has a really nice feel. I agree with mike, there is an atmosphere on this album which no other artist has created, really spacial/groovy and in many cases quite up-beat, and technically great (the sounds are soooooo precise). If you like, helium, i have the album, and wouldn't mind sending you a copy somehow (no flaming please)... didge@goatrance.com

Oh don't get all bothered now Mike D you know how people is sometime :)

I do be havin a quandry here tho as with folks sayin it be either tre fab or it be toytal shite...

What to do????

Any mo opyneonz?

ok, am gonna remove my abusive crap as i am a moderator here and i apoligise, for "flaming" again...but i am annoyed at alot of the hypocrisy going on here!! Anyway helium, truyl this ia agreat album, it is not clubby at all, and it excellent for home listening as it is out to dance to, it can either be chilled out or pumping, it is so technically well made andthe digital mastering is so precise..for a first album this is amazing and i am sure these guys will be real firestarters int eh future!

Mike D!

well, i can send you an evaluation copy so you can check for yourself, or just check psyshop.com - they should have some samples of it...

i agree completely with mike, it is worth it - definately one of the better albums from 2001... I know ppl who "only like minimal" who really dig it, and ppl who "only like melodic" dig it, so it is very well rounded.

What is some of your favourite trance at the moment, i will try and compare =)

I mainly go for "maximal" type trance with lots going on and a high "wierdness" rating... Love the Logic Bomb type sound as well as Koxbox, Psysex, Sandman, and that sort of thing...

thx

Guest Setsuko

ok. i listened to this album again and there is one song which is good... 'night in kopangan' is very nice , and 'dream on' is also listenable but the rest is lame ...

and Elfie, i don't do drugs so I might never get the same impression of the album you get...

greetz ;)

helium, went and listened to this album again and i must thank you for helping me rediscover it! I knew it was an ace album, but i was listeneing to some other @!#$... but now, this cd will not leave my 10 regularly played pile.

It is fucken great, some full-on tracks, very, very nice sounds, best guitar used in trance imo and some of the synth lines are so happy without being cheesy. All in all, it feels soooooo groovy, more so than any album I can think of (and I'm not talking about atmos groovy, so don't worry)

I can definately reccomend, I really think you'll love it

Guest Slidingtrancer

Some people clearly don't get Gravitech, its a new style. I would call it 'laidback; psytrance, very soothing for the inner soul. They have beautiful melodies and why does everything have to be either full on or more oldschool, why can't it be both?

Those guys are really talented, the album tells a story. On most albums there's just this one track thats too fast after a slow track or just doesn't fit in. Psycraft keeps a brilliant pace all through it, it pastes all kinds of paintings on the way.

I just can't believe why people don't like this sorta music, its a perfect hybrid. Maybe not great for dancing, but also no music to sit down and chill....

Every emotion in that album is wellbalanced and you can hear they really worked on it. Not 9 full-on hard kicker bass trax, but also no 9 too chilled out trax.

Listen to the music on the whole and I really can't see why you shouldnt like it.

Cheezy? Green House Effect and Nitzhonot are cheezy. This new style is very well put. You could see from MFG- The Message on there's was something magical happening there and now they made it :D Weird but melodic, kicking but laidback,....

This will be a classic someday for sure... ( or they must make a more brilliant album)

P.S. Anyone ever listened to it GOOD or is it my musicians ear? This stuff is WELL-produced and I'm proud to have it in my collection

PLUR people