Automating Pan in Reason

How? I can automate all sorts of crazy shit, but I can't figure out how to automate track panning. It seems it would be as simple as tweaking the mixer pan while recording, and then fine tuning it in the sequencer, but it doesn't even record. What gives?

It's not recording because you probably haven't created a sequencer track for the mixer.

Right click on the mixer and select "Create Sequencer Track For Mixer 1".

You should be able to move the know while recording and it will record the automation. Barring which, right click on the panning knob you want to automate and select "Edit Automation".

The sequencer will open up an automation lane in the mixer track; then you can pencil, line and erase to your hearts content. :)

Did that solve the problem?

(Don't kick yourself in the butt, though. Not creating a sequencer track for the mixer is the number one oddity amongst most Reason noobs.)

It's not recording because you probably haven't created a sequencer track for the mixer.

Right click on the mixer and select "Create Sequencer Track For Mixer 1".

You should be able to move the know while recording and it will record the automation. Barring which, right click on the panning knob you want to automate and select "Edit Automation".

The sequencer will open up an automation lane in the mixer track; then you can pencil, line and erase to your hearts content.  :)

Did that solve the problem?

(Don't kick yourself in the butt, though. Not creating a sequencer track for the mixer is the number one oddity amongst most Reason noobs.)

451681[/snapback]

Thanks for the quick reply. I actually figured it out myself just a couple minutes ago and was coming back to announce my stupidity. When I created the "new" song I'm working on it automatically created a mixer track, but I didn't know why it was there. Now I know. Thanks again.

(Why don't they make this instruction more obvious in the manuals???)

It took me some months before I figured out, that I could do all these sorts of thinks. Automate my reverb on one single synth etc.

damn you reason for being so difficult.. :D

487634[/snapback]

Yeah, it certainly isn't as easy as FL Studio when it comes to the panning issue, but I have the strong feeling there's a good reason for that. :lol: