2 Amand - Offset (6:10)

3 Amand - Arc (7:02)

4 Amand - Set.O (9:02)

5 Het Freudvliegje (9:01)

6 Trosje - Bossa Noir (5:06)

7 DPI To BPM (4:50)

8 Daisy Deci (7:19)

9 Knodds Node Stepped (6:20)

10 Duuster En Dorker (Funckarma Mix) (6:19)

Remix - Funckarma

11 Bossa Neuvo (Emotional Joystick Mix) (3:14)

Remix - Emotional Joystick

Duuster is a rather unknown,however remarkably skilled, Abstract/Experimental Ambient /IDM producer... He has released 2 albums.. I've only listened to this one, Habitat and as it might be apparent from my review, I was quite impressed.

1 Hoover Corone (6:47)

First track of the album consists of some very nice melancholic,calm melodies with a bit of mystery induced by bass/fx now and then... Ideal way to get you started...

2 Amand - Offset (6:10)

Weird sounds form an interesting atmosphere...You feel like waiting for something. A very calm,mellow,soft melody gets in , and after a while it's combined with dark-ish distorted percussions+bass...hmmmm...........

3 Amand - Arc (7:02)

This track is the middle part of the Amand trilogy, as it seems... continues even more atmospheric, with various long-notes pads(after a while quite imposing) playing in the background and broken beat + short experimental sounds filling the room.

4 Amand - Set.O (9:02)

Last track before we escape this place... This is clearly more on the melancholic side....impressively melodic and touching, yet not cheesy ;)

5 Het Freudvliegje (9:01)

Where are we now? Mysterious, intriguing sounds combined with harmonic,peaceful elements...plus a kinda groovy beat...:D:wacko:

6 Trosje - Bossa Noir (5:06)

Oh, we are in darker,rather unfriendly realms already.. The hypnotic melody reminds me of the sirens, similarly to these creatures,tries to trick you into coming closer and closer .... :rolleyes:

7 DPI To BPM (4:50)

DPI To BPM continues in pretty much the same style, a bit calmer and even more hypnotic maybe...

8 Daisy Deci (7:19)

Impressive atmosphere has been imposed... Most definitely warm, with some fluctuations....

9 Knodds Node Stepped (6:20)

Something a bit more unusual,unknown,experimental... Strange feelings/thoughts are brought into the surface of your soul... psychedelia.... ;)

10 Duuster En Dorker (Funckarma Mix) (6:19)

Similar to the previous track, this reminds me of a more atmospheric version of Autechre's experimental tracks....

Especially around 3.20+ the track becomes increasingly atmospheric,psychedelic,occult. Laters it goes on with the experimentations,even becoming weird and incoherent at times but in a funny way that's not disturbing at all... :D

11 Bossa Neuvo (Emotional Joystick Mix) (3:14)

Final track. Melodic,very soft, I would say it's the most "normal" one here.... :D .

Chilling as it is, gives you a feeling of relaxation from the journey before......

All in all, a very nice and quite original album, definitely worth checking... Perfect blend between seemingly incostitent elements : Darkness & light, anxiety & calmness, warmth & coldness,melancholia/nostaly & hopefullness, stoned & sober. :blink: .

:D

Rating: 10/10

• 6 months later...