Whats wrong with audiogalaxy????

Guest Reactorleak

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

dudes, you can't find @!#$ on Kazaa(lite)... Audiogalaxy has/had sooo much mp3's, especially goatrance!

I "discovered" this music thanks to Audiogalaxy... I guess this is my punishment for not buying any cd's. I'm afraid it's all over... I don't think any other prog can replace AG. Don't have the will nor the money to buy cd's. I'll just have to enjoy the few gigs I have :)

Guest mk-11

do yourself a favour and buy some

cd's.....

everytime you break a note and spend

change on junk food and crap put it in a jar at end of month

you'll have a few cd's...

and it's like your not really paying for em

(sort of) cause you were

gonna waste it on a ice coffee or something anyway......

and you will be suprised how many tracks you think are ligit

in ya mp3 folder and when ya get an album it says and sounds otherwise...

Guest Psychedelic AllabertA

I also hope the new file sharing program will come soon... it took a few months between Napster's shutdown and when I first heard of Audiogalaxy... Let's hope the new one comes real, real soon! :-)

Also, now that the people know what happens to the file-sharing programs, maybe it'll just become a common practice we're all prepared to, that our programs will be shut down after a period of time but also that the new ones will come soon...

I believe we can be confident in that.

Peace!

Guest Elysium Project

I am tired of people accusing record companies of being greedy! - it's so easy to blaime other people for your lack of ethics! and it's yet another lame excuse for not buying records!

If it weren't for the many very hard working labels in our scene a lot of artists would never have had the chance to release their music and you guys and gals would never have had a chance to listen to their music!

I hope there's going to be some solution so people can prelisten to music before they buy it but I am not at all sad that AG is dead. Finally some justice!

Maybe Flash sites will be the solution to the problem? - On my new site (launch date mid July) people will be able to listen to my new CD in full (streaming). And it's even going to be in super stereo quality :-)

But no you can't download the music! - Afterall you don't need to download the music to be able to listen to it!

Guest phaeton

first of all elysium, if you can stream the music you can record it too, which is of course a little more work than downloading, but it's still dead easy ... nowadays most people have a full duplex soundcard anyway so you wouldn't even need an external recorder ..

secondly, i find it ironic that even my own tracks are banned from audiogalaxy now .. some american record company association thinks it can decide that people may not download my music from a file sharing program?

oh well, i spend way too much money on records lately anyway so for now it might be good for my wallet if it takes a while before i can get to listen to new music again .. need lotsa money for some serious festivalling in august, so this really isn't the worst time the end of audiogalaxy could've happened ;)

Guest bugbread

Sorry, folks, you'll have to look for other places to look for Bugbread tracks from now on.

BTW, to add to your list, oa:

Player pianos (you know, the ones that work like giant music boxes, with sheets full of pins that caused notes to play). The music industry (not recording industry at the time) was sure it would lead to the death of the sheet music industry through piracy.

Guest The Brain

RIAA (Recording Industry Association of America)

1) http://www.riaa.com/ (The organization)

2) http://www.boycott-riaa.com/facts/facts.php (anti-riaa)

3) http://news.com.com/2100-1023-844910.html (true?)

4) http://www.geocities.com/riaasucks/ (true?)

5) http://www.house.gov/boucher/docs/riaaletter.htm (an interesting letter to RIAA)

Elysium Project you have missed MANY point already made by people here before you decided to post.

But i will remind you that this psy scene might be DEAD without downloadable music - i sure wouldnt be interested anymore.

Go back and read some of the other post and try to understand the inportance of downloadable music. Big artists dont need it cause people get to hear their music on the radio and MTV for FREE. yeah they may get paid - but they are getting exposure that most people dont. Thats who the RIAA is fighting for.

Note to people who might want to make an income off music -

People will not always buy your music - they will use cassete tapes, cd burneres, mp3s ect. to get your music. This is part of the business. If you still choose to try and make an income off music, keep this in mind cause this is part of the business and you should understand that. If you cant accept this - maybe you should do something else - otherwise, join the club.

Guest devil7

Reactorleak,

you cannot find so much in KaZaA 'cos few people uses it. If every1 here start using KaZaA and transfer their mp3 from AG folder to KaZaA folder, soon all of us will be able to share goa songs again, and people like phaeton will have a new way to spread his music.

Guest Mental Floss

Personally, for me (and record companies in my case) this really sucks. As a DJ who's just changing styles over to psy and goa, I'm stuck with few records and living in Denver, there's next to no selection. I don't know about you folks, but I won't touch a piece of vinyl without listening to it first. After all, what's the point of paying 10-20 bucks on wax, just to discover it sucks. If by some miracle I can return it, I'm still out shipping costs...

I used AudioGalaxy to download records I found on eBay or online record shops (I HATE 20 sec clips....thank you chaos). After pumping it through the stereo a few times I knew if I wanted to drop some cash for the records and shipping...(I realize I'm an exception, and millions are downloading Britney Spears and selling illegal copies on the corner right?)

Now I'm just starting to get a decent base of records, and shut off from buying more....Now all of these smaller record shops that still deal in 12" are losing my7 business (something like 10-20 records a month)

I hope those labels give audiogalaxy permission to post their songs...after all, the more people who listen to it, the more they sell right? I'm not bothering with new CDs anymore after this...Virgin, RCA, etc can kiss my @$$...

By the way, has anyone noticed that their reason for attacking these sites? For the first time EVER, record company PROFITS were not larger than the year before...they haven't even taken a loss, yet they make it sound like they're on their last legs. I guess someone should explain that if you release crappy music, people won't buy it...Seriously...mainstream music has taken a dive in the last 4-5 years. I just won't spend money on sub par music like a lemming...and haven't been in a CD store in ages...(sheesh, 18 bucks for maybe two songs I would like?)

Guest Mental Floss

has anyone here tried using mynapster? (mynapster.com) yet? It's what I'm currently using, but if there's something better...easier...etc

who's tried a couple different ones out there?

Guest TwistedPat

maybe edonkey or filetopia (i didn't test that myself but it sounds great) would do the trick ?!?

both have that multiple sources-dl-thing, nice speeds, as far as i know no blocking stuff and are finaly spyware-free.

tha main-point is that there should be ONE prog again we should move to so we don't get lost in the big mass of them... i actualy don't care which one it is. but it should be chosen - maybe by a poll - fast.

and - hey - i'm buying cd's. but i can't afford all of them. are you able to?...lucky you.

Guest Shiva

End of disscusion! We need a new file sharing program, check out my post at the topic "We have to decide" and hopefully we get back what we want, music is free!

Shiva

EP - in relation to audiogalaxy, when people say "greedy record labels" i believe they refer to RIAA and sony and virgin and all the mega-empires that get rich by fucking over the artists... NOT tip world and tatsu and dragonfly and all the labels in our own scene.

weird how many of you tell that you don't buy a cd until you've heard it.. i thought that's why we have reviews here so you can get a little hint how it'll sound like. i like buying a cd based on the reviews it's gotten, and i almost always like the cd if i thought i would from the reviews. of course i download lots of mp3's, but when i have the whole cd already, i can't bring myself to buy it, or if i do it has to be a true classic which i really want to have as an original.

well, that's just how i get my music ;)

Guest WoodWormateriX

now u hungry psy guys have time to listen throw ur BIG mp3 list for the next "AG" turns up! instead of loading loadning loading listen loading loadning loading...

;)