Wanted Advice: Dimension 5 - Transdimensional CD

devious

Accidental Occidentalism CD anywhere from 150 to 250 Euro

385304[/snapback]

Should I cry or something? I'm so sorry for those of you who actually want that one. :(

How about Luciana btw? It's on Amazon.co.uk for 45 pounds and I know it'll be sold, seen it for higher prices too.

Should I cry or something? I'm so sorry for those of you who actually want that one.  :(

How about Luciana btw? It's on Amazon.co.uk for 45 pounds and I know it'll be sold, seen it for higher prices too.

385309[/snapback]

45 GBP sounds about right. It usually goes for about that much.

Now to all people that may think old/rare=lots of money....it's not usually that way.

Many old albums and comps will sell for next to nothing if they sell at all, but those few selected titles, such as the ones discussed in this thread are indeed valuable in terms of monetary value too.

Reality is very few titles belong in that super expensive cathegory and they have the following characteristics:

1) Historical/milestone value (for example a new sound not heard before and everyone loved it that led to formation of entire sub-genre)

2) Super rare and out of print

3) In super high demand

4) Stood the test of time in terms of sound and still sounds fresh

The more of these conditions are satisfied the higher the monetary value.

45 GBP sounds about right. It usually goes for about that much.

Now to all people that may think old/rare=lots of money....it's not usually that way.

Many old albums and comps will sell for next to nothing if they sell at all, but those few selected titles, such as the ones discussed in this thread are indeed valuable in terms of monetary value too.

Reality is very few titles belong in that super expensive cathegory and they have the following characteristics:

1) Historical/milestone value (for example a new sound not heard before and everyone loved it that led to formation of entire sub-genre)

2) Super rare and out of print

3) In super high demand

4) Stood the test of time in terms of sound and still sounds fresh

The more of these conditions are satisfied the higher the monetary value.

385333[/snapback]

Do you know of any that fulfill all of them? Acc-Occ does the middle 2, possibly the last one, but not the first. IFO seems to do all except possibly the last.

Do you know of any that fulfill all of them? Acc-Occ does the middle 2, possibly the last one, but not the first. IFO seems to do all except possibly the last.

385334[/snapback]

Accidental Occidentalism is the first CD released by legendary Symbiosis records and it is CD only release since they only released a 12" version not the full LP. There are a couple of Pleiadians tracks you will not find anywhere else and I think those were the first Pleiadians tracks or at least the early ones. Many of the well known artists are in disquise on that CD since they used a different name (I believe Boris Blenn of Electric Universe and Ciaran Walsh of Deviant electronics).

This CD is almost impossible to find nowdays. Maaaaany people including hard-core collectors are after it.

This CD has sold for 250 Euros online and that is the only time I have ever seen it available online ever.

IFO is way up there too but it is a little easier to come across than this one.

Listen to visine, he knows what stuff is worth.

And devious: funny comment (the trading cyber one) :)

And yes some stuff is indeed very valuable. I.F.O. pops up on ebay all

the time. Crop Circles cd5" hardly ever. I.F.O. is not a true rarity.

Cryptic Crunch too, from a collector's standpoint is far less common and

hard to find.

Then there are things like Insomnie cd5". BR010 - the rare one, where there's

like no copies floating around at all. These type of things will be what's worth

anything down the road - should Goa trance collectors be around to recognize 'em.

Accidental Occidentalism is the first CD released by legendary Symbiosis records and it is CD only release since they only released a 12" version not the full LP. There are a couple of Pleiadians tracks you will not find anywhere else and I think those were the first Pleiadians tracks or at least the early ones. Many of the well known artists are in disquise on that CD since they used a different name (I believe Boris Blenn of Electric Universe and Ciaran Walsh of Deviant electronics).

This CD is almost impossible to find nowdays. Maaaaany people including hard-core collectors are after it.

This CD has sold for 250 Euros online and that is the only time I have ever seen it available online ever.

IFO is way up there too but it is a little easier to come across than this one.

385344[/snapback]

Cryptic Crunch too, from a collector's standpoint is far less common and

hard to find.

visine does know what's up. look at how many people own ifo on discogs, even though it really doesn't mean much, but that's a lot,a lot like the mass produced house records ownership, it's high! everyone and their mom has a copy and i think the only nuts are those who don't have a copy willing to shell out that much, even though i watched someone score a minty fresh copy recently for $10 bucks roughly, that was the worth to me :)

I however, recently scored Cryptic Crunch on vinyl for $12.00 in almost mint condition. I've seen it go between 30-45 otherwise. I got mine from a posted for sale list on a DJ's personal website and he wasn't asking ridiculous prices, just looking to make cash and get rid of some things. :)

Should I begin trading my CDs for vinyl? I don't have a ton of CDs and prefer to keep my lounge/chillout/downtemp/ambient on CDs while keeping my psy/goa on vinyl! Don't ask. Then again, I think I could make a lot of money off the CDs and buy more vinyl! That's why I am confused. ARGH!

Aaron (the CD/Vinyl confused!)

I personally like both CD and vinyl.

As a general guide there is a bigger demand for the CD medium then vinyl, which drives the price of the cd's up. Exceptions are "special edition" releases and different versions of albums or comp that will have a different tracklisting despite the same name of the album/comp. Flying rhino was notorious for releasing a CD comp with like 9 tracks and the vinyl version only has 6.

On the other hand there are promo/test pressing only releases (mostly vinyl singles) that are real colletcors items because for various reason have never been officially released.

Now those prices can get sky high and that's when you're getting into hard core collecting.

I personally think the line has to be drawn somewhere....so if I have something on vinyl I don't have to have it on CD and vice versa unless the tracklisting is really different and I'm very much into that particular release.

Bottom line if you limit yourself to one medium you will miss out.