i am interested in producing goa/psy

hi fellow goa and psy heads - :D

i'd like to introduce myself. my name is justin but i go by dj tekmoe. i currently dj as a hobby and i really enjoy it a lot. i spin lots of trance, some house, and I attempt to spin goa/psy when i can find it. my setup consists of 2 technics mk5's, allen & heath xone:32 mixer, shure whitelabel carts, sony mdr-V6 headphones, m-audio bx5 monitors, Serato Scratch Live, 17" PowerBook 1.67ghz, and a Power Mac Dual-Core 2.0ghz.

i just recently purchased an alesis photon x25 keyboard which will actually be arriving today. this is really what brought me here. i would like to ask you all if you could lead me in the right path of direction as to creating goa/psy trance music. I have been to two psy trance partys over the past 6 months. I have video and pictures from both of them. The first party can be found here ---> http://www.tekmoe.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=10 and the second party can be found here ---> http://www.tekmoe.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=13

both parties left me with a very spiritual expierence. after the first one, i knew i had to go back again. this has led me into wanting to produce this type of music. i have reason 3.0 on both my PowerBook and Power Mac but have been very limited as to what i can do because of not having a midi controller. now that my x25 will arrive today, i am hoping i can get really deep into it and start figuring out how to make this awesome music. i've searched around on google but i can't really find any step by step guides on how to start out on producing psy. i guess my best bet is to read a lot in these forums as they seem filled with very knowledgable people, and also just messing with the reason software until i can figure it out on my own.

i hope to make new friends here and would love to hear any of your expierences with when you first started making psy music.

much love.

tekmoe

Listen to it. A LOT. I mean, 24/7. Thats the only thing that will truly help you.

Pay attention to the music. Feel the reverb/delays coming in and out of the synths. Learn the patterns of the kickdrums.. If you know how to produce its easier, but if you dont ill recommend you www.isratrance.com.

They dont make true psytrance, its full-on, but it is the place where most people post their questions towards producing psytrance. This section of psynews is dead.

Listen to it. A LOT. I mean, 24/7. Thats the only thing that will truly help you.

Pay attention to the music. Feel the reverb/delays coming in and out of the synths. Learn the patterns of the kickdrums.. If you know how to produce its easier, but if you dont ill recommend you www.isratrance.com.

They dont make true psytrance, its full-on, but it is the place where most people post their questions towards producing psytrance. This section of psynews is dead.

377937[/snapback]

thank you very much Icarus. t will most definitely check out that website. =)

377937[/snapback]

this section is dead?! :(

this section is dead?! :(

377943[/snapback]

yea =( not actually dead, but hibernating haha. in psynews there is a lot more info than in here. the faq is great. but dont worry, sometime this place will wake up again ahha =P