Blast from the past

krelmatrix

First story, then link. :P

So, I found myself sitting half-awake (just tired, not drugged ;) ) in a chill room last night after playing at some party. As I'm floating in and out of consciousness, the DJ happens to put on the track "Inside" from Acid Rockers - one of my absolute favorite psy-d&b tracks, from way back when Blue Room was going down their completely experimental "Freakstyle" path. Perhaps it's not such a proper track for a chill room, mind you (it runs about 165bpm), but the trippy factor makes it perfect for the chilled-out half-dreaming state I was inhabiting.

Anyways, hearing the track in such a lucid state reminded me of a mix I made a looooong time ago (2001) when I was really into the whole psy-d&b sounds like you occasionally would hear on Blue Room, 21-3, Symbiosis, Edgecore, Matsuri, etc... When I arrived back home today, I dug around and found the lone copy of the recording I had in my posession - quite scratched but fortunately still readable by my computer.

For anybody looking for a total change of pace, this might be up your alley:

Dr. Krelm - Krelmstyle - A Psychedelic D&B Mix

(right click -> save as)

It's by no means a perfect mix - I recorded it more to capture my headspace at the time than to impress anybody or get bookings. That being said, I like it. :) Maybe only one person other than myself has heard it until now (the guy who dubbed it "Krelmstyle"). Don't expect a tracklist right now. I only remember the names or locations of about half of the tracks and need to spend a lot of time searching through my vinyls & CDs to figure out the others. ;) Most of the labels that the tracks come from are sadly defunct anyways. Just expect a good dose of the labels I mentioned above and artists like Deviant Electronics, Sibilant, Acid Rockers, Eat Static and several others.

Please leave any comments here. :)