Help with old experimental synth act

qa2pir

So i don't know very much about it. I am pretty confident it had the word "rose" in the title or perhaps a female name similar to the word.

It was described as 2 geeks who were just experimenting with synths and the result was a track that lasted for 1 album.

The music is supposed to sound like a monotonous constant beat with synths from outer space or something like that.

Finally, it was mentioned in an article about Italo-disco as one of the important steps in electronic music (in DN, swedish newspaper, summer 2004 i think)

I am probably not going to get a single answer and maybe this is the wrong section, but the off-topic seemed even less proper so i chose general anyway.

when you say 'rose' I come to think of 'Starring Rosi' by Ash Ra Tempel, but that is their more song-based album. they have other albums though which are more like long crazy jams.

do you know if there only were synths, or some acoustic instruments as well? do you know more exactly when it was released?

here are some more names: Faust, Neu!, Can, Popol Vuh, Cluster, Klaus Schulze.

one of the first albums (or even the first, don't know) of tangerine dream is called "zeit" it is a double album and has (as far as i remember) only one very long track on it. maybe it has more tracks on it but they sounded all the same. very experimental stuff.

don't know whether you are looking for this.

Uhm Kraftwerk? :o

Ash Ra Tempel is a band (with Manuel Gottsching as main man) and their first album is called Ash Ra Tempel... also made with Klaus Schulze, who was also on the first album of Tangerine Dream.

356132[/snapback]

It's an insult that you think i dont know kraftwerk :D

NilsT: aha, i thought you said "tangerine dream - ash ra tempel"

Zeit sounds a bit like it.

Thanks everybody!

tangerine dream - Zeit is absolutily brilliant.

it accually has 4 tracks but they play as one.

it's just dark strings, moog sounds, and feels like the underbelly of a dark spacecreature.

listen to in the dark, and you feel the sounds sort of dripping out of the speakers, no real melody and way to unstructured, and boring for most people.

persoanlly i love it

a track that lasted for 1 album.

The music is supposed to sound like a monotonous constant beat with synths from outer space or something like that.

Finally, it was mentioned in an article about Italo-disco as one of the important steps in electronic music (in DN, swedish newspaper, summer 2004 i think)

354823[/snapback]

By this description it could be Manuel Göttsching (Ash Ra Tempel) - E2-E4

But it's one man and has nothing to do with 'rose' and it's not his first album.

I like it very much btw. It will drive you insane though. :)

It's like the concept of trance music, recorded in 1981.

I love the guitar after 32 minutes.