2-Next stop

3-Passing by crystals

4-Dimention to magic

5-Midi kill

6-The clouds

7-Ecco

8-Arvika

Review:

This is the 7th album of the minimal psy trance "elder" called Shiva Chandra.

When I first heard the samples, I wasn't that much impressed...I own all the Shiva Chandra albums and this one [at first] sounded like plain and boring for me.

BUT, my vision of this album totally changed after a couple of listenings. Shiva seemed to stick to a specific style since auricular. [Auricular, gecko and subsonic are kind of the same genre].

This album is different. You can still recognize Shiva style, but its more like dancefloor or psy trance oriented yet still minimal...and yes of course, this album also contain a lot of those mutants-inhuman sounds from others Shiva albums...

In general, I think its a good album, but, you need to give it a chance. I think it might take a couples of listening before you really understand what's make this album good. The more times you listen to it, the more it sounds better and better...

In conclusion; it's not my favorite album [witch is Gecko], but its still is the second best album for me...

Final verdict: 8/10

:ph34r:

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

nice album!!! And this coming from someone who HATES progressive is a big compliment ;)

Indeed, some tracks lack direction but in others you have these VERY catchy melodies which just make you smile and nod your head to the rythm. Not to mention a pretty heavy use of 303s which isn't very common these days. Still, the 303s are used in a "minimal" way but I'm always a sucker for acid lines.

faves: 1, 5, 7

rating 8/10

FINALLY a progressive album I enjoy :)

nice album!!! And this coming from someone who HATES progressive is a big compliment ;)

Indeed, some tracks lack direction but in others you have these VERY catchy melodies which just make you smile and nod your head to the rythm. Not to mention a pretty heavy use of 303s which isn't very common these days. Still, the 303s are used in a "minimal" way but I'm always a sucker for acid lines.

faves: 1, 5, 7

rating 8/10

FINALLY a progressive album I enjoy :)

518145[/snapback]

I wouldn't say this is progressive. Rather like minimal psytrance crossed over with clubtrance. Very good whatever it is, though :)

ah cause there's a difference between progressive and minimal...? I thought it was the same thing, just that it was trendy to call it minimal around 2000 and now it's trendier to call it progressive... just like "the 3D Vision sound" later was called "full-on" :)