Alien Project & Astral Projection

Guest dam10n

I might be being thick here, but did the guy behind alien project used to be with astral proj?

The new tip 12" has a rework & club remmix of People Can Fly which is an old AP track... what's it doing on the back of an alien project tune?

Guest Rumz

Yeah... I remember reading on the CD box, that alien project is one of AP, or at least thinking it should be cos it sounded similar...or maybe that was just cos it was on phonokol... hmmm... If only i had my CD boxes with me and not just all in a cd wallet thing... Anyway, it rings a big bell so im pretty sure they are.

Not MUch help Dam10n, sorry man, i guess i just could have saved everyones time and not posted !! ;P

RumZ

Guest dam10n

Very weird. The new Alien Prohect single has a rework of People can Fly on the flip, and a John 00 Flemming remix (of PCF) as well... I dont get it and none of the webby sources can help me...

i think that they just did a remix of the old track.... just like gms remixed their midnight sun.... i would be surprised to find out that ari was a member of astral.. astral is made up of avi nissim and lior.... earlier i think they had more people, i think eyal barkan was their sound engineer...... but ari linker?, i don't think he was a part of astral.... but then again maybe he was.... but i doubt it.....

Guest rocko

as far as i know ari never was member of astral projection, about the track it´s an alien project remix of people can fly, pretty awsome must say, i´ve heard it from alien project at a party at mexico where he presents his new album dance or die. but it isn´t in this album.

Guest akindo

I'm 96% sure Ari from Alien Project is/was not in Astral Projection. His name doesn't stand anywhere there, and it would be too weird!

akindo

Guest NEXUS 7

No,the only other member of Astral Projection in the early years besides Avi & Lior was Guy Sebbag.Haven't heard the remix of People Can Fly but am looking forward to it.

Guest platigreg

And I can add that Yaniv Haviv left the band mainly because of the pressure the israeli government put on thios music circa 5 years ago. A report on french TV also told he joined so kind of religious movement...

Guest dam10n

Alright! - nice one thanks people.... cleared that up.

The 12" is the title track from the new alien project album on tip (which has been cleared for release in july-ish - - - the album I mean) - all the phonokol legal stuff has been sorted... and as well as the stormin a side there's a quirky as phuck remix of people can fly, with another turned in by john 00 Flemming (not as clubby / boring as you may fear).

john 00 fleming is getting too much into morning trance i say.... i remeber sven vath trying to do the same a long time ago about 98 in goa i think.... but they can never figure the goa freaks out... i heard from a clubber acquaintance that he played memorexis by human blue in one of his sets.. interesting to see how he performs...