Andromeda the rmx...

Guest Rain

Posted Image

1. 1920 (Manmademan rmx)

2. Different perspective (Alternate Vision rmx)

3. Greetings of psychaosis (Artax rmx)

4. Deep (Blue Vortex rmx)

5. The collective (12 moons rmx)

6. Waterworld (Soul Surfer rmx)

7. Adrenochrome (Safi connection rmx)

8. Sunrise middle east (Tikal rmx)

9. Imploded (Soundfield rmx)

damn this cd rocks !

good for the progessive fans who want it a bit faster and more treble sounds...

very safe for the fullon fans who like it a bit slower...

more of this please !

Don't know what to think really. On one hand the sound is really pleasant and enjoyable with some sweet melodies, but on the other hand it didn't provide any of those "wow, this is awesome" moments like on the first Andromeda album. Anders Nilsson has had some excellent years with albums as both Soul Surfer, Chromosome and Andromeda, but he really need to get some new ideas and evolve his sound.

My favourite track is by the way the remix of "Imploded" (why isn't Sound Field credited on the cover?). Biggest disappointment is the remix of "The Collective" from 12 Moons' excellent "Solid State" album. It was the main reason why I bought this release, but I found that it is nowhere near the quality of the original.

This isn't at all a bad release, but I feel it's all been done before. Still hoping the real new Andromeda album will be as good as the first one though :)

but I feel it's all been done before.

313534[/snapback]

wooooow strange it had rather the feeling it was revolutionair... and certainly not done before...

there are nog highlights truth but the concept is great... their is a constant level of psychedelic intilligent dynamic movement .... it never bores you....

i think u guys r a little harsh imo...

true it has been done before, true that it is the typical andromeda sound...

some trax on their album were stronger than this...

but this is still good.. especially the blue vortex and the artax rmx imo...

i did not like the imploded rmx at all, cause the original was so good, and this one doesn't even come close...

not revolutionary but a solid release (especially considering the huge amount of unlistenable stuff being put out on a regular basis)...

I felt the same, its like Anders was out of ideas, I think he needs more inspiration for the next one.

pr0fane > Thanks for the feedback, looks like YSE (and now I also know that Anders took a part in the design) just not mentioned us (as well as not paid)

benf52 > It's your taste mate, just to let you know that it was damn hard to remix a minimal tune and we were provided with only few sounds.

ND

@ prosect:

maybe i was a little harsh...

i know it is hard to remix a track, especially when the original is really good...

i guess if i had heard ur track on its own i would have liked it, but comparing it to the original it lost some appeal...

anyway apologies if i was too harsh... i will give another listen to ur track when i get back from holiday to see if it grows on me :)